Feedback on a Honda stream?

andrea49, Apr 7, 10:01pm
Just looking at upgrading in thenext 6-12mnths. Was considering a Honda Stream, currently have a Honda Oddessey. Can only got to 8-9k. But most of all wanted a handbrake not a foot brake and 7 seats.Any comments on the type of car they are!

mugenb20b, Apr 7, 10:10pm
I was in the same boat as you a couple of months ago. I bought a bigger car than the Odyssey (which we kept as a spare car), simply because our kids will only get bigger.

We looked at all sorts of 7 seaters, but the Stream just didn't cut it for us. It was much smaller than the Odyttey, and had a much harsher ride, very hard suspension for a family car. If you are buying one, get the 2 litre model (no cambelt and more power).

One other criteria for us, was the rearmost seat had to fold away individually, not as a pair (like the Odyssey or Stream). That way, you lose 1 seat at a time, not 2, just a thought.

As we looked at cars, we came across a 2001 Hyundai Trajet for $9k, done 128k, it was really tidy. We liked its seating arrangement, but found it a bit boring, so we offered $7k (just to try our luck). Our offer was accepted much to my surprise. The car itself is nothing special, I have no idea how reliable it is and I don't care, as I am a mechanic. But, it holds the road really well, and has quite a good safety rating for its age, from the crash tests I've seen on you tube.

I would like to also recommend having a look at Toyota Ipsum (we nearly bought one, but Hyundai was better value for money). Good solid cars.

fordcrzy, Apr 8, 10:48am
the front seats are like park benches.

actually no.park benches are more comfortable.

the fronts are HARD and lack depth on the lower cushion. so you feel like you are tipping off the front of them.
the steams arent that fast despite the engine revving its arse off and the gearbox changing every half a second.

mikeandkate, Apr 8, 7:15pm
We brought a Honda Stream and love everything about it.We purchased ours from Minami Motors off TM.Excellent service.We took the car to our mechanic when it arrived and he said it was an excellent car.It is a great family car without having to have a big people mover.It is very comfy and lovely to drive.

mugenb20b, Apr 8, 9:32pm
You obviously haven't test driven any other people movers. The Stream is not a practical car at all for a people mover. Yes, it can carry 7 people, but have very little to no luggage space, and the arse drops right down when fully loaded. And, if you are buying a people mover, why wouldn't you get something larger! Why sqeeze in like sardines when you don't have to!