Ford in China-Big Time!

mapman, Apr 8, 9:16pm
Looks like Ford have finally seen the writing on the wall and is now playing catch up. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/article.cfm!c_id=9&objectid=10797547. There??

sifty, Apr 8, 10:50pm
As oppposed to the myriad of companies bailed out by the government you mean,,,.!

Not exactly sure what your point is here.

elect70, Apr 8, 11:01pm
Aussie govt& unions hastoo bigholdinaussie car makerssubsidyto letcoonsgo offshore.

thunderbolt, Apr 8, 11:15pm
Just Mapman showing his lack of comprehension skills again.

The article refers to Ford expanding their chinese factory to grow their Chinese market share.

Nothing to see here folks.

the-lada-dude, Apr 9, 3:01am
if he mixes the letters in some of the words of his texthe could end up with a good spoonerisum !

like :
she sloped her dripper
she had a cunning stunt

i think thats right!

serf407, Apr 9, 7:04am
Ford making more vehicles in China should free up some more vehicles from Great Wall to be exported to NZ.

mapman, Apr 9, 7:44am
Nah, I didn??

mapman, Apr 9, 7:46am
And what part of ???The growing factory complex in Chongqing is part of Ford's plan to boost worldwide sales by nearly 50 per cent by 2015, to about 8 million vehicles a year??? did you not understand thunderbolt. Like it or lump is Fords will come out of China in massive numbers. Get use to it so yep there is indeed plenty to see, unless you go from one-eyed to no eyes.

hyphen, Apr 9, 7:55am
so now Fords will be hastily put together with minimal quality control in China as well.

mapman, Apr 9, 7:59am
It will become Ford's largest production base outside of Michigan and there is no way quality will slip. Well not initially anyway.

mapman, Apr 10, 7:00am
I can??

grangies, Apr 10, 7:05am
Ford doesn't exactly have high standards in the first place.

Especially Ford Australia.

The Chinese will probably build better value cars than USA and Australia.

The British stuff is crap too. So how can China be any worse!

the_don_61, Apr 10, 7:19am
GM was bailed out

Ford was asked if they wanted money but declined the offer.

Ford has no problems.
LOL would you like proof!.
Go buy a dress up engine kit for a 350 Chev.Comen as pitbull shyt.
chrome and polished everything you can think off.Off the shelve.

Now try and buy that stuff for a Lincon 1966 460 big block.Chrome rocker covers and a chrome air cleaner is about all you can buy.

REASON.Chev paintant (sp) copyright has run out and its all made in china copy rubbish, looks great.

Reason Hot rods are mostley powered by Chev's!.They dress up well with parts made in china.Other reason is dissy is at the back hidden from the rain under the air cleaner.
Or if youve got a big block with a over heating problem the dissy isnt sprayed with hot water.

mapman, Apr 10, 7:26am
Good on yeah grangies. At the risk of sounding like somebody from ???Dragons Den??? & in an effort to get my point across, I will say, ???this is where I stand???. China can make anything as good as anywhere on the planet, that is a fact, but they wont for long. Why! Because they can??

the_don_61, Apr 10, 7:33am
Made in China is best in the world.

Think of it this way.a person in the USA getting paid $45 a hour to hand weld bicycle frames.He does 2 a day.Does that mean because he gets paid $45hour he's better than the guy in China getting paid $8 per day and he welds 8 frames a day.

grangies, Apr 10, 7:43am
A Ford Focus has no chassis bolted to it.

But I know what you mean. Although I can't see big companies like Ford letting it happen, while it is still owned by Ford itself.

The mass recall component is too risky and costly for them.

elect70, Apr 11, 3:10am
Cost savings cant be in the labour content,most areassembled by robotlittle done by human hands, somust be the chinesematerials used to get costsdown .

mapman, Apr 11, 5:42am
That??

mapman, Apr 11, 5:45am
grangies, for the first three or four years everything will be built to spec, the overseas engineers will head home and the trained Chinese supervisors will take over. Within three or four months these new Chinese bosses will change suppliers and compromise quality for a healthy back hander.By the time a fault is picked up, it??

mapman, Apr 11, 5:47am
elect70, oh yep they have all the good stuff. Even the smaller manufactures have the latest techno. Most plants are very modern and even the Motorbike and Go-Kart manufactures have robotics building for them, but every single manufacture has a greedy boss . somewhere. I??