1970's Suzuki RV motorbikes

john1966, Apr 19, 9:55am
Anybody out there collecting or restoring these bikes

dirtrider200, Apr 19, 7:45pm
ive got a rv90 that im about to start restoring but finding bits for them is getting quite hard.

john1966, Apr 19, 7:53pm
What sort of stuff were you looking for.There's a few guys on here that are into these bikes and most have parts bikes lurking around their garages.

dirtrider200, Apr 19, 7:57pm
well so far i need, carb,rear brake rod,front brake cable, clutch lever and choke bracket, gear lever, sprocket cover and foot pegs, that is what i can see before it gets pulled down,.this will be my 7th rv that ive done up.

sifty, Apr 19, 8:02pm
Any parts cross over to other models.!

I always scour the parts book numbers and have often sourced bits from more popular models that do the job. I know the RV was a bit 'different' though, used to ride one on cousins farm.

dirtrider200, Apr 19, 8:10pm
never had to cross reference yet, usually i buy one then manage to find a cheap parts bike and make one good one and sell the left over bits off. im planning to register this one and keep it on the caravan.

mbikeman1, Apr 20, 6:59am
rv125 ran basicly the same engine as the tc125,i have 125 carbs in various states

vtecnet, Apr 20, 7:15am
I have fond memories of my RV90, had one in the early 90's when I lived in Greymouth, used to cruise down the beach flat out at 65km per hour on it.
Even back then Tyres seem to be expensive and not many shops seemed to stock them.