Page 1 / 3
angelstarr1, Apr 20, 6:01am
I have a 4 door car 1600cc
Cheers :-)

redeyedkiwi, Apr 20, 6:02am
i just payed 46 bucks last week.

rkauto, Apr 20, 6:08am

angelstarr1, Apr 20, 6:12am
Why isn't a WOF the same price everywhere! My daughter paid $49 and she lives in the same town as I, she has a SW yet it cost me $51

bitsy_boffin, Apr 20, 6:25am
Why isn't milk the same price everywhere!

It's a free market, people can charge what they want to perform a service or sell a product.

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 20, 6:29am
Depends on how much needs fixing.

collosal1, Apr 20, 6:33am
$9:95

poppajn, Apr 20, 6:38am
$56,Them I drove past a WOF,s only place advertiseing $30. Oh well.

aragorn2003, Apr 20, 7:16am
seen them as low as $15 but it makes you wonder , why so cheap

ladyjet1, Apr 20, 7:17am
$50

twink19, Apr 20, 7:17am
so cheap, you will fail so they can get the repairs

michael.benn, Apr 20, 7:46am
I paid $45 yesterday.

I would avoid the really cheap places as I'd guess they would 'find' things that needed repairing, if ya catch ma drift.

At $30 they're not gonna be breaking even, surely.

gammelvind, Apr 20, 7:48am
$42 last month

poppajn, Apr 20, 7:52am
The $30 one I seen only doe,s WOF,s, no repairs and was privately owned(In Invercargill)

mugenb20b, Apr 20, 7:53am
The size of the car doesn't matter. If one place charges $50 for example, it will be $50 for all types and sizes of cars.

mugenb20b, Apr 20, 7:55am
OK, seriously.FFS, it's a $2 difference.every 6 months.

a.woodrow, Apr 20, 7:58am
Yes, but in 50 years time, that money saved would be almost a tank of petrol

a.woodrow, Apr 20, 7:58am
I've heard he goes fairly easy on them too

kaylin, Apr 20, 8:28am
I just paid (today) at LTSA - $51 for my car and $29 for my horse float (considered a trailer for the WOF)

fordluva, Apr 20, 8:44am
lol in 50 years time youd be lucky if that gets you a litre

gmphil, Apr 20, 8:50am
30 buckswere i go ,rocked up last friday at half four sayn help need wof today go fishin morow nazai parking wardens will get me i just noticed it run out today .pick up car half 5 sticked up

magicmat, Apr 20, 9:05am
Cost me $35 last weekend - I refuse to go near VTNZ after they failed me on wiper blades which meant I had a warrantless car fora week until the following weekend where I had to waste my time on a re-check. Any place with a brain cell worth of discretion would have just advised me I needed to attend to this before next warrant time (I could see fine with wipers). but not VTNZ! Plus it cost more.

Shop around.

morrisman1, Apr 20, 9:16am
I pay $50 for mine. I could probably get it cheaper elsewhere but the place I go to, I know he will fill up the washer if it is empty, and let me sort any minor issues like bulbs before he ticks off the sheet. Swings and roundabouts.

magicmat, Apr 20, 9:34am
Actually, I would pay more for that kind of service. The cost of the aggravation of having to take time out of 2 weekends to appease VTNZ is worth paying another $15 to even $30 more to avoid.

steve98h, Apr 20, 10:02am
we charge $49 at work. only because it should take 1 hour to do a wof even tho i do them in 40 mins. customers never complain about price as they know there car will get a good chaeck and be safe and little things like washers bottle and other small jobs like liights etc i do as saves the customer time and my time not having to fuss around. also would not beleave how many cars ive failed on dangerous things like leaking shocks and seat belts and alsort that have gone stright to a vtnz and past with flying colours.
just my 2 cents, steve