How much is it for a WOF for a car these days

Page 2 / 3
n1smo_gtir, Apr 20, 10:18am
VTNZ testing station A failed me for a rip in seat, bluey aftermarket headlights and driver seat mount. Took to VTNZ B who passed it. 6 months later took it back to VTNZ A to see what happens. they didn't say a thing and passed it and have so for the last 3 WOFs. depends on who you get. an experienced WOFer would pass you on something minor as a wiper blade but will point it out to you that needs changing where as a nitpicker would fail you on just about anything under the sun.

n1smo_gtir, Apr 20, 10:20am
wish there'd be more WOFers around like yours.i wouldn't mind paying for the replacement consumables n would appreciate and come back to your business.

steve98h, Apr 20, 10:23am
we do charge for the light bulbs and wiper blades etc and do check with the customer first but dnt think ive ever had a customer say no!

carmedic, Apr 20, 10:48am
I charge $57.50 for a WoF. As far as I know thats the most in town. (the guys up the road charge $30)
I don't charge for the odd bulb, wiper refill, dash of screen wash (that's right not just water), cable tie, quick head light adjustment or quickly fitting the spare tyre, if it means I can pass the car. (my aim is to pass not fail!)
I always check oil and water (not part of the test) and top up if required (don't charge even for the oil).
Basically if I can just fix it in 5 mins or less I always do, its called customer service!

steve98h, Apr 20, 10:50am
plus i find if you charge $30 for a wof you usually end up with people who cant afford to fix the cars and there shitters and i dont know about ather inspecto4s but i really cant be f**ked dealing with piece of shit cars haha

snj11, Apr 20, 7:52pm
If you are willing to go the extra mile like that then to me it seems the extra cost is worth it to the customer, could even save them money in the long run.

kazbanz, Apr 20, 8:54pm
Woa there cowboy-- VTNZ diddn't make you drive around in a warrantless car for a WEEK . YOU made the decision to do that.
You had the option to grab a setof blades from them,super cheap or whereever and get your WOFOR to not drive the car.

franc123, Apr 20, 9:36pm
Damn right, I remember a car dealer Iworked for many years ago decided to do a $5 wof promo to get a bit more business in the door, all you got was every piece of crap and their broke owners showing up to see if their pos would pass, a few failed on so much stuff that took 45-60 mins to do the check and write an essay on it and then explain it to the muppets, and you knew damn well they had no intention of fixing them. Waste of time

ninja_man, Apr 20, 9:40pm

rotoiti, Apr 20, 10:45pm
$35 in chch. took about 20 minutes.

johnf_456, Apr 20, 11:43pm
No cost for me.

a.woodrow, Apr 20, 11:58pm
Haha sadly I have to pay for mine now.

johnf_456, Apr 21, 12:03am
Retired now!

a.woodrow, Apr 21, 12:08am
No not that old - but left the automotive industry last year

johnf_456, Apr 21, 12:12am
True, true new trade I take it.

a.woodrow, Apr 21, 12:24am
yeah I'm retraining for IT

johnf_456, Apr 21, 12:27am
True true, its a good trade when you get a bit of experience in the field.

a.woodrow, Apr 21, 12:34am
Yeah hard to get a foot in the door though

johnf_456, Apr 21, 12:37am
It sure is, I have a few qualifications in IT myself.

magicmat, Apr 21, 12:50am
Nope, by the time I had replaced the wipers I ran out of day. I dont have the time to stop in for a re-check during the week, its just not feasible and I needed the car. So I had to waste time on my following weekend to go back and get damn wiper blades checked off. I stand by my assertion that was a ridiculous example of having no discretionary common sense. Never again.

vtecintegra, Apr 21, 1:03am
VTNZ charged me $51.50 today - definitely wouldn't have gone there without checking the basics first though

neville48, Apr 21, 1:47am
VTNZ Levin are 50bux but when you mention the New Masterton Drag Strip they donate 5 of your hard earned dollars off their price towards it.I think all VTNZ'eds are doing this so dont forget to mention it folks.WOF in Otaki $35 but no donation.

julian.walls, Apr 21, 3:30am
$45.00 is usual here in the Hutt - Travelling down Alicetownnear Lower Hutt the yersterday Honda Service there was charging $36.50 but you probably incurr higher Honda dealer charges with regard to labour if your car needed work to bring it up to WOF standards :)

twinroses, Apr 23, 6:42am
$40.00 CAR $37 goldcard holders $29 trailers ,motorcycles.Do around 350 inspections per week.

pete_iam, Apr 23, 7:20am
dont use the big chains like vtnz or testing stations. they charge too much. i go to a small garage where it is $30