Honda Odessey

maclad, Apr 16, 5:00am
I purchased one 3 weeks ago, 1999 model with ABS and I have noticed that sometimes on braking that the brake pedal appears to kick back, (shudder) slightly. Is this normal, if not ideas please and how to fix, costs, any info appreciated, thanks.

a.woodrow, Apr 16, 5:06am
Possibly needs the brake rotors machined, could be up to around $50 a corner depending on where you go. Take to a garage and they can check it out

maclad, Apr 16, 6:01am
Thanks that is a place to start

NZTools, Apr 16, 6:03am
If you were braking hard at the time, or on a lose surface, it may have just been the abs doing it's job.

maclad, Apr 16, 6:30am
Well, no, I try to brake very gently, especially since i noticed this issue.

maclad, Apr 16, 6:31am
And only 130.000 kms so not high but.! who knows.

fordcrzy, Apr 16, 6:34am
probably warped rotors. this is very common in autos where after getting the brakes hot from towing or downhill run the car comes to a stop and is left in drive with your foot on the brake. the rotors then cool down at different rates and warp. really really common in falcons and commodores

maclad, Apr 16, 6:50am
With two posters suggesting machining the rotors maybe something in that and it certainly is an easy an inexpensive fix. Thanks, I had no idea where to start.

steve98h, Apr 20, 10:37am
warped rotors would cause the steering wheel to shudder also. have noticed this pedal problem quite abit with odessey while doing wofs and its just the abs, its seems to engage quite early on them.
cheers steve