Corolla uj boots

biggal, Apr 21, 1:37am
Could someone give me a budgetaryfigure to replace both uj boots on my 98 Corolla please by a garage, not diy

msigg, Apr 21, 1:49am
$500

intrade, Apr 21, 3:09am
what ui univerasal joint boot ! usually the joint is a goner also . You can use quickboots if the joint is fine cost be 140 times left and right side 280$ with joints it be 500 at garage
ps its called a cv joint boot.

biggal, Apr 21, 3:57am
Thanks Intrade. Wof people picked up a tear in one boot. Don't know if it got water in or not.Have to rely on a mechanic5 appraisal. Years ago I replaced the Cv joint on one side of a Maxi. Thinking of that car sends shivers up my spine.

biggal, Apr 21, 4:02am
As I remember it the cv joint make a clicking soundwith the steeringwheel hard one way, when its stuffed.

intrade, Apr 21, 7:13am
if it clicks it is stuffed jup fit new joint with boot,

morrisman1, Apr 21, 11:00am
if the joint is fine then it should really be:

~ CV boot around $20
~ Top up gearbox oil $20 or $50 for new
~ Labour up to one and a half hours.

hyphen, Apr 21, 7:46pm
if it's clicking only at full lock it's not necessarily stuffed, just showing the first signs of wear, just swap them over from left to right side so that they rotate in the opposite direction until they really are stuffed. Most people panic over the 'clicking at full lock' thing unnecessarily

intrade, Apr 21, 7:51pm
no professional is going to do that the post said no diy . I dont need to say more .

intrade, Apr 21, 7:57pm
poster 9 has it about right only that you can do it faster by just taking the inner boot off its big clip and pop it out without removal of the inner joint = no gearbox oil will be lost just repacking with fresh grease of inner joint. For diy people be carfull the 3 rollers fall off the shaft and there is loads of small bearing pins on each roller. I tape the rollers to the shaft with ductape to prevent em from falling off as soon as i slide the shaft out of its inner joint.

biggal, Apr 21, 9:06pm
Thanks. Definitely no DIY aftrr that info. Too old for that. lol

nufix72, Apr 21, 9:15pm
Intrade is rite that is so dodgee swapping sides. No decent mechanic would do that ever.