2005 Holden Rodeo, 3 litre diesel 2wd - Clutch.

flashgordon_nz, Apr 22, 9:07am
evening all. anyone schooled up in doing these clutch's!
A mate was just quoted over $1500 for a full kit, quoting 8 hours labour. Is it such a big job! Its only a 2wd. Anything we are missing here!

mugenb20b, Apr 22, 9:27am
Never done one, but yeah, sounds expensive. I've done quite a few 2WD utes, and they cost much less than that. 8 hours labour! Yeah right, should take 4 to 5 hours.

intrade, Apr 22, 9:02pm
dont know but clutch kit on modern cars are dualmass Flywheel. Toyota hilux diesel from 1990 alredy have dualmass flywheel. It takes away the gearbox rattle in idle, downside is the dualmass is non servicable. means you need a new flywheel when the friction disc is worn out in the flywheel.
They sometimes just check the dualmass is still ok and fit a new clutch kit on to it. This means the dualmass will fail at some later state like 50,000km later and both the clutch and duelmass flywheel then need to be replaced all over.

mugenb20b, Apr 23, 12:36am
No, they don't. Only some latish model 4WD Hiluxes have them and Surfs with 1KZ motors.

intrade, Apr 23, 1:11am
yes they do i have a hilux and it has had a broken dualmass flywheel its a LN130 and all have dualmass apart from the 2.8 diesel that has had a solid mass flywheel. I know this i hunted for years and years for a secoundhand flywheel even had a replacment engine but no flywheel. Sold the engine off again and fitted the older pre 1988 hilux engine with a different flywheel bolt pattern . So i know i am right i just binned the flywheel a few weeks ago togather with the stuffed engine from my 1991 hilux

intrade, Apr 23, 1:16am

floscey, Apr 23, 2:13am
surely thats the total for the job , not just the clutch parts.

jerichord, Apr 23, 4:06am
just had one done, parts were about $700, plus 3 hrs labour, paid them cash for a discount, was under a grand