Suzuki Jimny Mud Tyres.

hairchopper1, Apr 25, 9:17am
What would be the best mud tyres to get for a Jimny ute on the farm in Southland! Need to be awesome in mud. Does anyone know how big I could fit standard height or with a 50mm lift kit fitted!

tnt423, Apr 25, 9:47am
Budget! Simex Extreme Trekker.

r15, Apr 25, 9:50am
my mate had a little suzuki sj413, he put maxxis bighorns on it was excellent in mud,cant remember exact sizing, but it was close to standard,no mods were made to get them to fit

lookoutas, Apr 25, 9:58am
You can't go too much bigger, otherwise the front ones hit the inner guards with lock applied.
Lifting it would help.

fryan1962, Apr 25, 11:01am
mt 177 silverstones used to be cheap lovely directional tire

NZTools, Apr 25, 7:01pm
Plenty of people up here put quadbike rims and tyres on them. (spaced out a tad). They will damn near float on mud, and will climb anything .

mugenb20b, Apr 25, 7:24pm
30 x 9.5 r15 is the largest size you can use on stock suspension.from memory. The only secret to "capable" mud tyres is the tread depth and amount of HP available to the wheels. Yes, some tyres have side biters, and heavy duty side walls, etc, etc. But, value for money, you might want Mudstars, they are cheap and worked very well.

hairchopper1, Apr 26, 5:54am
So how would I do this! Would I need to get it modified to be fitted! Could I have it set up so I had ATV tyres on but could switch wheels for the road!

lookoutas, Apr 26, 6:22am
You can do anything.
I've actually just finished chopping one of these into a short cab for a flatdeck. Not the first ever done either.

skiff1, Apr 26, 6:37am
have a look at clik dualls, cost about two grand per axle. take 1 or 2 minutes to fit and you will climb everest with them on.

rkauto, Apr 26, 7:45pm
you have a few options ,
kumho do a the KL71 in 215/75x15 ,235/75x15 and 30x9.5/15