A/M 19" Wheels and & tyres

lasertech, Jan 1, 4:32am
Whats the car! is it an aston thus the A/M!

jasongroves, Jan 1, 4:50am
After market

shuddupowh, Dec 30, 8:08am
We may need to buy a new tyre for one our 19" rims. Is it true that the tyres must be identical eg L&R on the rear must match and L&R on the front must match! So if you cant get 4 matching you must have 2! Or is this a myth.if its true, why do they need to match!

morrisman1, Dec 30, 8:30am
directional tyres will only go on one side of the car, unless someone takes them off the rims and reverses them. Perhaps that is what you are referring to!

I would imagine that a large proportion of 19" tyres are directional

unbeatabull, Dec 30, 9:17am
The Speed/Load rating (Number before the letter eg 92V) all have to be within two over the whole vehicle.

The tyres that share the same Axle (So for example the two front tyres or the two rear tyres) must be same size/profile, and also be same orientation (Directional/Asymmetric). You can have different size/orientation front to rear, but the L/F and R/F has to be the same etc.

unbeatabull, Dec 30, 9:18am
Actually, I think load rating only has to be on the same axle as well now I think about it.

shuddupowh, Dec 30, 9:59pm
Had a talk to a guy I know who runs a tyre shop. He said the same as above. Rears need to match eg speed/load rating and front have to match speed/load rating. I was referring to tread pattern (as I didnt know about the ratings) but they dont have to match as long as they are similar and the above are the same. Cheers

chilez, Dec 31, 8:04am
the tread pattern does not need to be the same as long as they are both directional/asymmetric on the same axle . and if you are mixing between the two it is reccommendation the directional go on the rear ,but you should keep in mind from a saftey point of view fit in pairs. and if its on a late model car check with the dealer,some all wheel drive vehicle need to be fitted in sets and on some models it will also affect the ABS system if you only fit one tyre