Ford XR6 FG 2009 - Extended Warranty

Page 2 / 2
radha_giridhari, Apr 30, 9:50am
So true, totally agree about "reliable car".

a.woodrow, Apr 30, 10:15am
If you decide you want it, you could try and knock the price down. remember they've come to you to try and sell you something, there is often room to wiggle the price of warranties. Like others have said, you can sometime use the CGA, but having the new car warranty extended covers a whole lot more stuff that *might* give you trouble or even just annoy you over the next 3 years

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 30, 11:29am
Plenty. But I certainly have an opinion on your poor level of literacy. It's disgraceful and you should be embarrassed.

Clearly I've shown you to be a fool at some point. I don't recall it but here's an idea: don't post on things you don't know anything about and you won't run the risk of being shown to be a fool again. Of course, that may preclude you from posting anything.

yogibearz, Apr 30, 7:21pm
If it is as described above why cant Ford offer a 6 year warranty from the start !. You can get up to 10 year mechanical warranty cover if you want to buy another make. Seems odd that they are prepared to offer it and then ask the customer to pay for 3 years of it.
I wouldnt buy it .i would think if they are prepared to offer 6 years warranty you would have a good case under CGA to get them to pay for any claim up to 6 years of age. !

intrade, Apr 30, 7:26pm
read the smallprint. to see if it is even worth it

a.woodrow, Apr 30, 7:31pm
They are prepared to offer the extra three years at a price they have worked out they can make a profit at. I'll say again, an extended new car warranty can cover many things that the CGA won't. I presume that you are talking about mitsubishi's 10 year offer! there's a catch - you must carry out all your servicing at the dealer to maintain that warranty, that's how they make it profitable.

budgel, Apr 30, 8:19pm
Put the $1400 it is going to cost in an interest bearing account or bonus bonds and dont touch it.

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 30, 8:36pm
So now you're saying I'm not a know it all and am happy to admit when I'm wrong! Gees, do make up your mind!

kazbanz, May 1, 11:10pm
OP the question I'd ask is -what are the trems and conditions of the MBI!
Ie if they want you to pay $1400 then expect you to have the vehicle serviced exclusively at a ford dealership then -I smell a rat. -Ie they are gonna get your $1400 several times over in servicing.
But if its something like an autosure policy where you can service the car anywhere then it may be worth concidering.
ONLY from the point of view not of the here and nowbut more when the car gets to 5 years old and is well outside of any cover under the CGA etc.