WOF. Took my trailer for a wof it still had one month to go it did not pass two weeks later parking meter man come along gave me

Page 1 / 2
craigscar, May 3, 10:36am
TOOK MY TRAILER FOR A WOF. IT STILL HAD ONE MONTH TO GO. IT DID NOT PASS. TWO WEEKS LATER PARKING METER MAN COME ALONG GAVE ME A TICKET FOR NO WOF BECAUSE IF YOU TAKE A CAR OR TRAILER THU BEFORE WOF DUE IT CANCELS OLD WOF EVEN WITH ONE MONTH TO GO

quater, May 3, 10:38am
Fair enough, as a WOF is a check to make sure its safe to use on the road and you failed it. whats the poblem!

andrea_w, May 3, 10:39am
Cool story, bro.

Of course it would get canceled. you just took it for a WoF and it came back as not roadworthy. Why would a 5 month old WoF override that!
Some people have no idea what a WoF actually is and what it means.

craigscar, May 3, 10:40am
OLD WOF HAD NOT RUN OUT

quater, May 3, 10:41am
BUT IT WAS NOT SAFE TO USE ON THE ROAD.

andrea_w, May 3, 10:46am
^^^
Case in point.

nightboss, May 3, 11:04am
c'mon craigscar, you can't be serious. This is a wind-up isn't it.

Next you will be telling us your keyboard is broken and only works in CAPITAL letters.

pzkpfw, May 3, 11:16am
Say you get a WOF for your car, then next day give your mate back his good tyres and put the bald ones back on your car. Does having the WOF mean your car is legal! No. Your vehicle has to be up to WOF standard at all times and you can get a ticket for some failure regardless of the WOF sticker.
The old WOF on that trailer may well have still had life in it, but failing to pass the inspection for the new WOF means the trailer was no longer up to standard.

pauldw, May 3, 12:10pm
How did the parking warden know that! If it was obvious like tyres that's one thing but how did he know about a failed test or whether the fault still existed!

From the warrant inspection manual
"Where a vehicle still has a current WoF/CoF when it is failed, it must be brought up to compliance before it can again be operated for other purposes up to the date the WoF/CoF expires."

So the new test doesn't cancel the wof like a green or pink sticker but any wof isn't valid while there are known faults.

nightboss, May 3, 12:57pm
Craig - simple question. What did it fail for.

modie61, May 4, 5:09am
His PDA is linked to NZTA which would show the fail,therefore is unroadworthy,as above.

thunderbolt, May 4, 5:13am
But what prompted him to enter the plate number to find this out!

modie61, May 4, 5:16am
He prob checks all plates in the car park,his job.

clark20, May 4, 5:57am
Prob just zaps the barcode on the reg sticker

pzkpfw, May 5, 4:40am
Yeah, so the WOF wasn't valid.

nightboss, May 5, 4:55am
Still waiting to know what the trailer failed on.

pnh4, May 5, 4:55am
Maybe the inspector hates people WHO SHOUT,

aragorn2003, May 5, 5:02am
I LIKE TO YELL!

lyonruge, May 5, 5:18am
If the old wof sticker was still attached to the trailer, they couldnt have known, go to the council and dispute it.

a.woodrow, May 5, 5:27am
Dumb advice. The owner knew it was not up to WOF standard and the fail is logged at time of inspection. What is there to dispute!

pnh4, May 5, 5:51am
You forgot the face

kazbanz, May 5, 6:59am
So you are shouting because you are stupid!
The vehicle has been tested and found to be unroadworthy. So the wof is a goneburgered untill its found to be safe.

modie61, May 5, 7:25am
Would it be a better idea for the wof inspection site,remove the wof label to make it clear. !

nightboss, May 6, 6:03am
WHAT DID IT FAIL FOR!
How many times does the OP need to be asked!

mugenb20b, May 6, 6:10am
Due to OP's absence, it clearly failed on SFA.