Bloody Driving Instructors

shuddupowh, May 4, 8:07pm
Why dont people just let their family & friends teach them to drive! Came up behind an person in a driving instructors car (obviously learning) and were slowing down to turn off the street WAY too soon, then crawling down the road etc etc. Im guessing the instructor was probably hounding them too SLOW DOWN STAY SLOW INDICATE FOR MILES blah blah.

clanky, May 4, 9:19pm
Mainly cos family and friends don't know how to drive, either.

merrilegs, May 5, 12:38am
Chill out, smell the roses and just be patient. Just remember, we were all once learner drivers.

bill-robinson, May 5, 1:10am
Who said the OP has a license.

shuddupowh, May 5, 6:10am
Im on my Full.never failed a test. And #2 that could be true.

kaymay88, May 5, 6:38am
family and friends will all have bad habbits that they wil pass on right from the onset - doesnt matter how good of a driver YOU think you are, you WILL have faults.
and why are you whining! would you rather a young person learning to drive go too fast, stamp the brake to late and run up the footpath and kill a kid!
did it hold you up by what! three seconds!
a bit of patience, and tolerance on the roads would go a long way.

sr2, May 5, 6:55am
+1. I couldn't agree more.

kazbanz, May 5, 6:56am
SHEESH OP --get a life. Its a learner driver behind the wheel probably terrified.

gunhand, May 5, 7:00am
Ahh yes but he has a FULL lisence and never failed a test. I think he failed just about then actually.Obviously a fully compatent driver with out a care in the world and throughs caution to the wind when learning something new.
Yes its darn tragic isnt it coming up behind a learner taking it easy and cautiously and getting fustrated about it. This to me makes for a dangerous driver.
And just remember half the yobs out there all passd there tests to.

net_oz, May 5, 5:44pm
All learners should have to go through a 'driver learning school'.

jason18, May 5, 6:46pm
I feel sorry for learner drivers. You often see then with people trailing as close as possible and I even had dick head "mates" when I was younger thtat said they followed them etc. Bloody cruel.

snj11, May 5, 7:49pm
people that use instructers are usually the nervous ones that need a bit of extra practice, atleast they are doing it right. I suppose you were perfect when learning, get off your high horse and let them learn.

brokebloke1, May 5, 8:18pm
I agree here my son who is 16 is learning to drive thru a school, I could teach him but have I also have bad habits ( so I have been told )

jason18, May 5, 8:49pm
My bad habits.1 hand on wheel, 1 hand on crotch .opps mean gear stick.texting, phone calls, drinking, drugs, sleeping, Thats just a few. I reckon I could teach my kids!

cuda.340, May 5, 8:55pm
i got my daughter started on driving. hill starts, gear changing etc. but before she sat her practical i sent to to an instructor a couple of times to get my bad habits out of her system. good thing i dd, the instructor was horrified with her driving, said she'd need at least 10 lessons. after her second with the instructor she passed. thank Gawd, we did bond a bit better during the lessons tho.

frytime, May 5, 10:10pm
agreed with 3,6 and 8. we have to start some where. as said chill out and let them learn in peace

a.woodrow, May 5, 10:12pm
I don't honk at learner drivers anymore - I had one pull out in front of me at an intersection, I honked at them and they got such a fright they swerved and almost took out a car on the other side

supernova2, May 6, 2:05am
If we can belive all the media stories on the "new' fail rate it sounds like the driving school,s ain't doing to well either.

zirconium, May 6, 2:37am
You. Must. Be. A. Saint!
Most parent/kd learning to drive combinations just want to kill each other, lol.

neville48, May 6, 8:44am
I got stuck behind a useless driver the other night and I was yelling at him and telling him to speed up and abusing his skills and at the same time raving about him being in the wrong blimmen country and in the end he chucked me out of his taxi.geeez!