Stuttering Swift

family007, May 12, 1:49am
I have a 2007 Suzuki swift auto, 54900kmwith a bit of a problem. Went out this morning in it, nothing new. Got to traffic lights and the car stuttered and almost stalled! So I put my foot on the gas a bit more and it seemed to solved the stuttering as long as I kept it idling at 1000rpm it was fine! Got to destination, car warmed up and parked in car park. Cars idle dropped to just above 250rpm then minced its way back up again. This has happened before and I'm wondering if I have put in dodgy fuel! I filled up at a place I don't normally go to and was just wondering if that had some bearing on it!

maddog007, May 12, 5:23am
could be a vacuum leak, or a dirty idle air control valve IACV.

a.woodrow, May 12, 6:06am
You've probably either got a dose of bad fuel or stirred up the muck on the bottom of the fuel tank when you filled up

mlh19658, May 12, 8:13am
So to clear it whats the next thing to do! Drain tank!

a.woodrow, May 12, 8:32am
Probable not necessary. I would start by an inspection/replacement of the fuel filter. If the fuel filter is clean then keep looking, otherwise it might just be a blocked filter

brokebloke1, May 12, 9:24am
could be a dirty throttle body could just need a clean google youtube this will show how to clean them.