Pick whats wrong on this car

Page 2 / 2
trogedon, May 11, 10:25pm
Nice house, shame about the shipping container.

alan1111, May 11, 10:32pm
How can the WOF expire in December 2012 um 6 months from todays date 12/11/12and if you add 14 days for unexpired wof it is 26/11/12 still not December.

mk3crazy, May 12, 2:50am
It's a Holden!

phillip.weston, May 12, 2:56am
I think it has originally been a normal SL/E with one of those turbo kits probably pillaged from a factory turbo model and fitted onto it.

jenny188, May 12, 3:26am
Carjam has it as a Sl model, not a Sl/e. Also not stated as a turbo on original rego. However neighbor around that time was a GM salesman and they turbo'd a couple of 2l, 4 cyl Commies for customers. Was for a while common practice

skin1235, May 12, 4:23am
not into holden but those tags indicate an 8v
maybe holden tag their 6's as an 8v then

hyphen, May 12, 5:57am
but it has got the SL/E extended wrap around rear bumpers

franc123, May 12, 6:33am
And SL/E everything else, including the full instrumentation and trip computer etc, its only the wheels that aren't right. it all looks to be factory unless someone has gone to the the trouble of doing a complete spec upgrade of an L or SL or SL/X which I doubt.Rego info was not nearly as accurate back then as they are now, its surprising that even SL got included in the description.Its clear though that this car was registered here roughly 2 months after its build date and was not used in Australia and there is little reason to doubt it isn't what it says it is, who knows it may have even been brought here for evaluation by either the Police or MOT, in mid '82 they were no doubt eyeing up VH's, many entered service in 83 and 84. I'm not sure that VH SL/E's were even officially sold here, they were the top model in Australia in the pre Calais days but there was a Royale model here that was used instead!There were VB and C versions sold here though.

lordv81, May 12, 7:08am
Royale were vk onwards.In the auction he says it was for the OZ police not the NZ cops.MOT did have some SL/Es but were 8s as far as I was aware.Aussie BT1 spec VHs were SL/Es,but this one isnt full spec BT1.This car is a factory 6 cylinder auto SL/E.Would be a nice car with some pursuit rims and proof of being factory prepped turbo model and not a dealer fitted model.

neville48, May 12, 8:39am
well I can see a turbo and my brother had a holden with the same Maroon upholstery as that, just looks pinkish in the pix methinks.