I accidentally backed into an unregistered car

Page 2 / 2
attwah, May 9, 11:06am
Personally, I think the owner of the unregistered car should FRY ! Bring back the death penalty I say, we need everyone to pay their way to clear our overseas debt. In fact you should have popped him right there and then

johnf_456, May 9, 11:08am
Yep, can't have personal responsibility could we.

tonyrockyhorror, May 9, 12:07pm
A little! You are being far too charitable!

kimbo88, May 9, 12:29pm
For Holymonked - When you say that the car was unregistered - what do you actually mean by that!Actually unregistered or not displaying a current licence certificate!A car can legally be driven if it is unregistered if it has a current WOF and is displaying a current Trade Plate for example.So unless it was just unlicensed, it may not be exactly what you think perhaps.Even so, the lack of a licence wouldn't absolve someone from the responsibility associated with running into it, particularly when it was parked.

motorboy2011, May 9, 8:08pm
I really hope you somehow one day let your reg lapse by one day and someone backs into you. by someone with the same opinion as you.

sifty, May 9, 8:41pm
Let me guess, you wear stupid clothes, think the world owes you a living, and drive a crap car to match your level of education.

howie69, May 9, 8:50pm
People who drive unregistered cars are not paying their fair share of taxes. Of course your insurance should pay for the repair, however they should be reported to the police for using an unregistered vehicle and pay an appropriate fine. Everyone is fairly dealt with then. No rego, no acc cover for the driver and passengers should be standard also. People driving unregistered cars piss me off and they cost us legal road users thousands annually!

kazbanz, May 9, 9:03pm
given this is an open discussion.
We live in a user pays society -well at least we would like to think so.
Therefore driving on the roadwe pay to rent that bit of road.
Therefore if an unregistered car on the road is in essence a squatter.or at the least can be evicted for unpaid rent.
Therefore it is the right if not the OBLIGATION of every driver of a registered vehicle to remove these squatters from the road they pay good money to rent.
On that basis a regiostered car slamming into an unregistered car is simply part of the eviction process.

brapbrappy, May 9, 9:15pm
ginks wrote:

#24Car was unregisted, should not of been driven.
Their problem not yours.

A little knowledge can be dangerous.

Its not even knowledge just a dumb opinion and bad spelling

pollymay, May 9, 9:27pm
I own 7 cars, 3 are currently registered. At anytime I always overpaying for road usage because I can only drive one at a time. Also the VN SS chews the fuel like mad more than anything making up for it PLUS unless rego is on hold you backpay anything that is owed on lapsed rego.

If you want to even START to try and tell me that I don't cover my share you are officially an illogical twit. The gooberment costs us thousands to with a system that doesn't account for me being able to drive more than one car at a time. I keep quiet about it but if you wanted to fine me for one that isn't on hold I'm probably going to do my rag over it.

motorboy2011, May 9, 9:30pm
the car wasn't actually being driven on the road so it was not actually braking any laws anyway.

bellky, May 9, 9:41pm
And it's all beside the point^.

OP damaged another's property.

OP needs to remedy.

EOS.

kokako14, May 10, 12:54am
So if a bus runs into a registered car parked on a Bus Stop, is it the bus drivers fault for hitting the car or the driver of the car for parking in the bus stop

a.woodrow, May 10, 1:02am
It's the bus drivers fault for hitting a parked car, however the parked car driver may open himself to a fine for parking in the bus stop

hamhonda, May 10, 1:24am
Insurance still covers it. Friend of mine t-boned someone at an intersection, her car didnt have a current WOF but as it was drivers error & not a mechanical fault her insurance paid for both the damaged car & paid out on hers.

hamhonda, May 10, 1:26am
End of the day OP didnt use their mirrors or check blind spots so they're at fault.Had a lady here once that backed out from our shop straight into a power pole, when I went out to check on her etc she nutted off at me saying it was my fault the pole was there & I needed to get it moved!!

bellky, May 10, 1:29am
Lol - she had an irrational panic attack there - lashed out at the closest victim.