Kawasaki zxr400 ignition

cne_merchant, May 9, 6:52am
Just scored a kawasaki zxr400 for 450, but theres no ignition as it was taking out by last owner for his own bike.

Question for you, bike owners, where is the best place to get another ignition for the bike! Or maybe you have one you dont need! Id be happy to buy it off ya.As soon as my car sells, i can start on fixing the bike, so if you have spares for '94 Kawasaki zxr 400, id be happy to hear from you. Interested in: ignition, fairings, engine parts possibly, etc. Waiting on the bike to get here. :)

cne_merchant, May 9, 6:52am
Thanks for any info :)

kazbanz, May 9, 6:56am
What are you intending to use the bike for!
By that I mean for race use or for road use!
By ignition do you mean ignition SWITCHor ignitor box!
Yours will be a J model with the 2 part tank Im guessing.
I raced an H for a few years but the parts don't swap your way I'm sorry --except for the cams

cne_merchant, May 9, 7:00am
The bike will be for road use.
I am talking about the box and the switch.

All good mate, at least i know where to go if i do need cams :) i am not sure what else is wrong with he bike, will find out once i get it here. :) but have a gut feeling theres much more than just an ignition. Lol.

kazbanz, May 9, 7:03am
in all honestyif the motor isn't a rattly pile of crud -ie has compression etc then yu'll get your money back for that part alone.
The guys racing pre89 will be keen on the rad--the H rad is smaller -causes overheating

cne_merchant, May 9, 7:06am
I would not mind parting it, as i got it fairly cheap. However, i know theres a way to start a car enjine when its out (still not sure how) but how can i check the bike engine (start it up when its out)!I will have it early to mid next week.

cne_merchant, May 9, 7:13am
Kazbaz, if your mate is anywhere near hamilton, he is more than welcome to come over and have a look at the bike(parts) , when it gets here.

kazbanz, May 9, 7:26am
no --that was a hypothetical statement--Ive been outa the race scene for a couple of years now

cne_merchant, May 9, 7:34am
Fair enough. :)