Cost to build a garage

biddy6, Apr 4, 8:51am
Hi, just been looking at a few kitset garages, I want a 9x6, but not sure what the total cost would be with concrete-power and builder.It would be on a flat easy access section. Just wondering if anyone has recently done this exercise. Thanks

flagheaven, Apr 4, 8:56am
the cost of the kitset is less than half the cost of the whole project as the council require there bit too so if it costs yah $8G for the kit - its gunna be over 16G all up.

xs1100, Apr 4, 8:57am
flippin n heck and few other fine flavoured word also

outbidyou2, Apr 4, 9:05am
yea 16k pretty accurate, I built my brothers (via council) was heading toward 20k by the time we lined it

trogedon, Apr 4, 9:08am
Cheaper than adding rooms to your house though.

russ39, Apr 4, 9:18am
agreed,allow 15 to 20 for everything.permits drainage wiring etc

mopar63, Apr 4, 9:21pm
yea mine was about 15 k, that was for a 9 x 7.2 with a sleepout , so had aluminium joinery ,insulation etc to council requirements.I opted out of windows for the shed part and went for clear bits in the roof forbetter security ,more wall space and better light

smac, Apr 4, 9:27pm
Good plan. My side door has glass panels, and I regret doing that. What brand!

fryan1962, Apr 4, 9:52pm
I built Garage 20ft x 25ft new $1800.$500 to erect building permit I think was $100
concrete $600
I am blown away by costs here in NZ my cousin spent 50k for one in pakaranga

mine was in oz and was 15 yrs ago

just had a look on ebay Garage 5.6m x 5.5m AU $2,187.00

smac, Apr 4, 10:25pm
So.aussie dollars, 15 years ago, half the size he wants. All good info ;)

thejazzpianoma, Apr 4, 10:43pm
Just take care if you opt for clear panels in the roof. These can sometimes leak especially if done on the cheap. and lots of garages are built pretty cheap and nasty even from the "big" brands.

Not saying don't do it, they are great, just raise the question and ask about warranty etc.

fryan1962, Apr 4, 11:22pm
ebay price was this morning was just having a discussion on costs

are you feeling ok

smac, Apr 4, 11:25pm
Nah bit off actually. Got a head ache.

But you're still offering up a garage half as big, on the other side of the Tasman, that hasn't been built. Doesn't seem relevant is all I was saying.

fryan1962, Apr 4, 11:26pm
9x6 AU $5,995.00today's price

justcomparing

not wanting to offend the fickle and fragile amongstus

fryan1962, Apr 4, 11:27pm
have bex and a lay down

smac, Apr 4, 11:29pm
Can't.got work to do.hold on, why am I here then!!

Anywho.

SO $7200NZD for that kit, and as above you can more than double that to have it built.

SO seems about the same range as quoted above! ($15k-20k).

Or is that price for finished product!

paull, Apr 5, 12:02am
mate bought one of here for $1500 a 6x9 second hand colour steel unit, he had to pull it apart and take it to his house and he employed a builder to help him ,labour only, they had it up in a day, cost him $600 for the pad and $2500 for the builder and permit, another $1000 for a sparky,total $5k erected with power.

elect70, Apr 5, 3:33am
Best to go with areputable kitset, 1 thatuses 100 X 50framing & dwangs in the walls,somedont which reflects the price . They will get theconsentsas well .! particular brand you can pushon the corner & it movesbutgets consent . Get own subiestoo .

trogedon, Apr 5, 4:48am
That's a cheap ERECTION (someone's got to add some smut in here and I, dear friends have taken that task upon myself).

desmodave, Apr 5, 5:05am
So you have a good hand on the erection side of things troge

plasticboys, Apr 5, 5:10am
whats with the little sheds

net_oz, Apr 5, 5:33am
No one uses that size framing these days ,do they!
If the aussie ones are anything like how they built their houses in the 90's then they will be crap. Couldn't believe the difference in standards between them and us. No wonder they are cheaper over there.

trogedon, Apr 5, 6:05am
I have no need to, I'm married. And yourself!

elect70, Apr 6, 4:08am
Have a look at Quin garages100x50not low gradecrap eitherbest made i have seen ,&ive seen& wiredmostbrands& Aussie dont have earthquake standards tocomply with .