2008 ford fairlane

cayla2011, Apr 5, 6:31am
235k. auto. What kind of life does the transmission do before it has issues. Serviced regularly, engine fully maintained from new.Any issues that may cause expense in near future. Thanks.

cayla2011, Apr 5, 6:32am
Mostly hot miles btw.

stocky88, Apr 5, 6:37am
Shouldn't be a problem, the car has just been "run in" and good now for another 500k. just sit back and enjoy the ride.

cayla2011, Apr 5, 6:40am
No prob with k's on the engine. Was more thinking about the other bits. Eg, design faults that may crop up after 250k

quickstitch, Apr 5, 11:30am
usually 200k then the trans needs a service, check the history, it would have been done about then. mtr is fine for 500k if serviced regularly

stevo2, Apr 5, 6:14pm
Service the trans, Suspension may be getting a bit tired. Bearings etc but 4years old and 235000km is good hot running. I'd be keen at the right price.

chris_051, Apr 5, 9:47pm
Just run in for a coon, the I6 will do 1 million k easy, if it hasn't been done already bypass the in radiator transmission cooler and fit an external one to the front of the radiator, this was the main design fault for AU/BA Falcons. My old AU was on 470k original g.box with an external cooler, I have just bought an 04 Fairlane on 400k original g.box as well. Other than that it is a good age and mileage where usual things will need replacing. bushes, shocks, wheel bearings etc if it hasn't been done yet.

bellky, Apr 5, 9:51pm
Nice car.

ceebee2, Apr 6, 4:08am
Go chat to the local Corporate Cabs driver with one.they sure know all the faults and there are a few.