Failed wof car to low at front

Page 2 / 2
loose.unit8, Apr 3, 8:04am
Exactly.How much a manufacturer may or may not have spent is irrelevant if they have different priorities or want a different outcome to an owner.Even if the owner is being naive about the outcome

steve98h, Apr 3, 8:05am
well if its 95mm why are you moaning your car is illegal so fix it. and putting washers under the top mounting bolts might work but its a stupid idea only a diy person would come up with as it will greatly weaken the bolts.
im not a old fart ither im only 24, a wof inspecter and right into my import scene incuding owning a supra powered hilux. i just get sick of people cutting corners and putting other road users at risk

steve98h, Apr 3, 8:06am
i btw if its only 5mm to low id say that you need new shocks as they have gone soft

trogedon, Apr 3, 8:10am
"too" - as in with emphasis. Example; The car was 'too' low.

dent, Apr 3, 8:15am
Shocks arnt going to cause it to be low.

steve98h, Apr 3, 8:18am
my old integra got done for being 95mm, new shocks, 105mm

edangus, Apr 3, 8:19am
New Tyres whats that 8mm! that should get ya to the threshhold.or maybe taller tyres!

pauldw, Apr 3, 8:21am
"the normal relationship between front and rear suspension height is not unduly affected." Clearly depends on your definition of "unduly affected"

brants, Apr 3, 9:13am
Your right it was illegal however Id be more accepting if i knew the actual reason why 100mm clearence is needed not 95mm and i know most things have a tolerence of some degree in there so maybe 100mm is just a round figure target they came up with way back when.

I have addressed the problem anyway.

dent, Apr 3, 9:17am
how did you fix it!

ryans, Apr 3, 10:13am
If it was only 5mm, I'd just borrow some higher profile tyres.

gadgit3, Apr 3, 7:44pm
Can you point me toward the section in the VIRM that states this rule! I am aslo an AVI (for round 13 years) and never seen anything to state front to rear must be level.

0274spoilers, Apr 3, 9:35pm
Thats dodgy as! Just get new springs you have to pull the struts out to fit donuts / spacers that will wear out. Simple quick fix get new lowered springs and the will be fine for another 6 years.

net_oz, Apr 3, 10:12pm
I suppose you're going to moan about the maximum speed limit being 100kph. Gotta draw the line somewhere mate.

thewomble1, Apr 4, 2:01pm
Just park it on a steep road facing upwards.