Gunhand, rob' & other car painters. Tool Q!

attitudedesignz, Apr 1, 5:50am
What's the name of the small DA that has the little hose that you submerge in a bucket of water. Need to 1500 this damn truck cos it's not as flat as i'd hoped & i'll be f'd if i'm gonna do it by hand lol.

gunhand, Apr 1, 5:56am
Heard of them but all I use is the 6" air sander and spray a bit of water on the surface or just the feestol doing the same. Of course it dosnt pay to have water all over the feestol but if you just have a moist surface as apposed to drenched and the sander turned down as slow as it goes theres no real issue. And you can dry sand of course but ya go through shit loads of hookits as apposed to a couple doing it wet.And wernt those wet things quite expensive! Have seen them on TM in the past.

attitudedesignz, Apr 1, 6:12am
I remember one of my customers (when i owned a Fortec distributorship) had one and he swore by it.

gammelvind, Apr 1, 6:52am
You can always use the foam mirka abralon pads, fit your festo and you just use a squirty bottle of water. They come in 1000, 2000, and 4000 grit. Just don't dunk the festo, they don't like it!

gunhand, Apr 1, 6:53am
They come in 4000! I use 3000 a fair bit but 4000 would be handy, must hassle the rep.

gammelvind, Apr 1, 6:56am
The shop where you get your autothane should have them, if not she can hassle our Tauranga shop and we will send you some.

attitudedesignz, Apr 1, 7:17am
So you work for ALD then!

gammelvind, Apr 1, 7:34am
Yup sure do

attitudedesignz, Apr 1, 7:38am
Good to know mate. Going to see Gael tommorow so will ask her.