Hair Dresser Car

Page 1 / 3
nightboss, May 18, 9:33am
NOTE:
- The OP takes no responsibility for any comments other than his own.
- TradeMe rules to be followed please.
- Personal experience not required for posting.

There has been an interesting thread here tonight on the MX-5.
It is a car that has a bit of a "Hair Dresser" car.

As a service to all those straight guys that are wanting to buy a car but are not sure if it will send the wrong message.

COMPILE A LIST OF ALL HAIR DRESSER CARS.

3tomany, May 18, 9:43am
holden omega

ralphdog1, May 18, 9:43am
Can you accurately define what is meant by the term!
Generally speaking it is only those who have not had the balls to actually drive one that toss the Hairdresser comment around when we talk MX5's.

gunhand, May 18, 9:45am
I new 2 hairdressers, one had a commodore wagon and the other had a primera.

savanna71, May 18, 9:52am
In this order, new GTR, 350Z, RX8

geedubu, May 18, 9:54am
Definition: Any car owner by a poster, including the OP, who thinks this is a meaningful way of describing cars.Or possibly: cars owned by hairdressers, who may well be expert drivers with a good racing record.Otherwise weak bollix and no more useful a definition than "panelbeaters' cars" or "ordinary blokes who like cars' cars".You can cut people's hair and drive a twin-turbocharged viper, or you can be a pro kickboxer and drive a mitsubishi i-car.Get over it.

patiki1, May 18, 9:56am
Those new(bmw) mini's

nightboss, May 18, 9:56am
No I can not accurately define the term.
Because I have never taken a ride in one, either one.
Just thought it would be a fun thread to end the week.

gunhand, May 18, 9:57am
Actually the wife of a mate owns a hair dressers and they have a BA wagon.

fordcrzy, May 18, 9:58am
my hairdreser drives an ss commodore. he had a bmw before that

mantagsi, May 18, 9:59am
I am amazed it hasnt been mentioned already - the Audi TT is definately high up on the list with the MX-5, and I know this is definately going to elicit some bad comments my way but the MG Midget has always seemed a bit of a hairdressers car to me as well

gunhand, May 18, 10:01am
I know a doctor who has an Audi TT.

nightboss, May 18, 10:03am
Exactly - you are explaining the point in a knuckle-scraping un-spell-checked sort of way, but the point is correct.
Generalisations are generally wrong.

patiki1, May 18, 10:04am
Real brokes dont have a hairdresser.What does your beauty therapist drive!

nightboss, May 18, 10:05am
Proctologist!

petal_91, May 18, 10:06am
BMW Z4
Porsche Boxster
McLaren SLR
New VW Beetle
New Mini
Chrysler PT Cruiser
Ford Falcon XR8 - BA or newer - a ridiculous car with the hood bulge, LOL.

gunhand, May 18, 10:06am
Nope, ER doc and generally clever fella, makes movies for Nat Geo etc.

slarty45, May 18, 10:09am
in it's day
Renault 10

geedubu, May 18, 10:10am
And the MX5 (I don't own one) is a decent little car available at a good price, and a sensible fun buy for someone who likes to drive well & doesn't have a lot of money.

mantagsi, May 18, 10:11am
FWIW i have to be honest, I have driven an MX-5 and like other posters say in the other thread, I absolutely loved it, hell of a blast, but yeah not quite my cup of tea. Granted I did pootle around in a daihatsu mira and later on a toyota cynos, and to be honest they were two of the most reliable, easy to drive and easy to maintain cars that ive ever owned.

kaymay88, May 18, 10:13am
lets clear this up right now.
ALL cars are for the hairdresser, or metrosexual type boys. they provide climate control and air conditioning to keep you from perspiring, and ruining your lovely, recently exfoliated skin, and allow your cologne/deoderant to permeate your clothing, rather than do it's intended job, which is to mask the smell that is proof of a MAN doing a MANS job - Sweat.
They have their little tin topped roofs to keep their hair pristine and perfect, because god forbid they get a sign of dandruff, a split end, or shock-horror, a couple of hairs out of place on their otherwise immaculately set, professionally cut, and perfectly styled metrosexual hair do.

REAL men buy a motorcycle, with rip-snorting, pavement shredding, eye-ball watering performance. The Don leathers, because in the event of an off, they want to be as safe as possible and get back home to their loved ones alive and intact. The dont need climate control to keep their cologne smell present, they endure the heat of the sun, and the cool, crispness of winter rain. IF they smell after a ride, it means they were out there, doing it, manhandling their machine through the corners.

They dont style their hair, or even know what a '5 oclock shadow' is, they wear their 3 day stubble, or their 6 days of chin-hair growth with pride, hell, it provides extra warmth in the winter.

REAL men arent concerned with some Hollywood inspired, brad-pitt copying gay hairstyle designed to wow Elton John, and impress the greenie hippy types.

Real mean turn up home from their ride in their leathers that havent been washed in 11 months, stinking of manly sweat, with a faint odour of the petrol they have burnt with no regard for the atmosphere, carbon credits, or global warming namby pamby rubbish. They whip off their helmet and are showered arounf their shoulders with dandruff, and their free and easy, un-styled hair, full of split ends, dry and horrible clings to the sweat of their face.

The slap their wife on the bum, tel their kids they can have a bike when they're older, and sit down to eat a steak and drink a cold beer.

geedubu, May 18, 10:20am
And so, the punchline is you drive a Nissan Sunny!

nightboss, May 18, 10:24am
Kaymay88 - was that rant for real or do actually ride a Vespa!

pollymay, May 18, 10:25am
I'd drive a sunny, I'd put a ferarri V12 in it just for laughs though.

geedubu, May 18, 10:31am
I'm thinking a NiftyFifty