The new Falcon

Page 1 / 4
bent_ate, May 18, 3:33am
2.0L 4cyl,, an absolute disgrace to call it a Falcon, next they will be putting a GT badge on it, I think they'd be better to stop Falcon production all together and let the model go out with the 40 odd years of hard earned respect than turn into a Pansy shopping trolley that wouldn't have enough torque to tow a wet paper bag. I'm Blue to the bone but this saddens me.

bellky, May 18, 3:49am
I'd rather a Falcon than that 'merican rubbish.

sifty, May 18, 3:49am
wake up dude, it's not 1970 any more.
same motor used in Jags I believe, so must be a good'un.

bellky, May 18, 3:53am
I was just trying to get at foxdonut 'dude'.

foxdonut, May 18, 3:59am
Cool story bro.

bellky, May 18, 4:05am
Oh come on. How much of a tossa is a person going to look driving that thing! Farout, it's a bit garish. Give me a nice dark coloured sedan with a big motor anyday.

foxdonut, May 18, 4:06am
Anyway, what are you talking about!

sifty, May 18, 4:08am
Oh I don't keep up with all the tiffs you ladies have on here, sorry.

friendly_prawn, May 18, 4:10am
i agree with you totally mate.

bellky, May 18, 4:10am
I know what I'm talking about foxdonut.

Cheers sifty.

chris_051, May 18, 5:40am
Its another great engine in the Falcon line up next to the LPG 6, 4.0 turbo and 5.0 s/c. It has more power and torque than an EL and it can do the 0-100kmh sprint in 6.7 seconds. it would give a BA XR8 a run for its money lol. It will be a better bet than Holdens wheezy 3.0 V6 or Toyotas bland hybrid Camry with optimistic fuel figures.

chris_051, May 18, 5:45am
In saying that if Ford threw some develpment money at the 4.0 it would make the 2.0 turbo redundant. drove an FG ZF6 Wgtn-Akld the other day and gave her a good raping up the western route and still returned 7.8l/100km great engines the I6.

msigg, May 18, 5:47am
Well that new 4cyl has more power than the sixes and eights from the early years. Those old ones you need a petrol tanker to follow you around.
And yea i have always liked the falcons.

jmma, May 18, 5:58am
Welcome back FP , good to hear you, be careful in here (o:

nightboss, May 18, 6:03am
+1

Garish is the perfect word for 473329526 as mentioned in posting #3.

For about half the price you could get this 473515625, it will double in value at about the same rate the other will half.

Neither suitable as daily runner, but that is the point of those types of cars.

As for a 4cyl Falcon, it is one engine option only, the 6 and 8 will still be there for those that must have them.

foxdonut, May 18, 6:15am
Huh! Honestly, why wouldn't you drive (either) every day!

nightboss, May 18, 6:59am
Personally I would not drive any 1965 car as my daily runner, especially if it is an appreciating item like the one referred to.

If I had either car it would not be my only car, probably have a 4cyl Falcon as daily runner.

As for the 2008 one referred to above, i might drive it if I were like Rodney Wayne, Colin Mathura-Jeffree or if I was a web designer that made websites like this.

www.foxdonut.com

foxdonut, May 18, 2:34pm
No, its not mine anymore, I lost the domain a while ago. I think a bunch of yanks put that up in the hope that I would buy it back.

wasser61, May 18, 6:15pm
And you are basing your comments on! your test drive of one, or just an assumption!
I have driven one and you will be sadly disappointed, they have a tonne of torque and go very well.

jason18, May 18, 8:31pm
Cant say I would complain if I was driving it or given it as a work car. I wouldnt Buy one tho. Rather a xr6 Turbo

friendly_prawn, May 18, 8:41pm
Yep, probably motoring is by far the easiest forum to get chat banned on.

cheers jmma.

julian.walls, May 19, 12:26am
Wake up and see and coffee! -Fordmade 4 cylinder Ecotec motor is bloody good powerful motor that almost has the performance of a XR6
We cannot making V8s when there is emissions and economy to consider .

look at VW Polo 1.2TSI has has as good performance as bigger older VW Golf 1.6/1.8 GTi of 10 years ago!

wrong2, May 19, 12:46am
not as bad as the homo out in his rota

bellky, May 19, 12:47am
Doubt it, rotas are way casual.

wrong2, May 19, 12:50am
how casual can you be in something that sounds like its gagging on youknowwhat