Suzuki Swift brake light

footplate1, May 19, 2:17am
Is it correct that the whole red cover has to be removed to change a brake light bulb!That's how it seems.
In sensible cars, all the rear lights are reached in the boot/trunk.With the Swift, it seems that a bit of dismantling is required.I am somewhat reluctant to unbolt pieces of car.

realtrader1, May 19, 2:31am
Not sure what the 'whole red cover' is.If you mean removal of the tail light assembly, I wouldn't think so, but then again, if the wires disappear through a hole in the rear panel maybe you will have to.A bit of detective work needed.

footplate1, May 19, 2:54am
I think you are right.The whole cover looks as though it is bolted on and that seems user-unfriendly.

jmma, May 19, 9:44am

40wav, May 19, 9:47am
Surely it will either unscrew from the outside or the bulb holder will turn and unclip from the inside. Neither are that scary and at worst will require a phillps head screw driver to undo 4 screws.

40wav, May 19, 9:49am
If you are reluctant to do this just take it to a WOF place. They will have a spare bulb there and will do it in 2 mins and should charge you bugger all.

kazbanz, May 19, 10:14am
What YEAR swift is it. --With the old shape-00-04 swift I drop the whole light block out to fit a hi stop -the screws drop the whole assembily

footplate1, May 19, 9:12pm
We think it is about a 2006.Unlike my Beamer, the light fittings are outside the body of the car.Hence my checking that the entire red plastic fitting has to be unbolted from the car.

The suggestion about the WoF place is a good one.Next Saturday, then.

kazbanz, May 20, 1:06am
Footplate--Im 80% sure that if you undo the screws holding the light fitting in place then you will be able to pull the fitting off of the body and the bulbs are in behind.I just checked a 04 swift and a 05 solio

footplate1, May 20, 10:25am
Thanks.I am sure you are right.Just cautious over undoing bolts on the body.Will test it tomorrow night, when it comes home.