Suzuki

nakigirl16, May 19, 6:08am
can anyone tell me what suzukiescudo jeeps are like PLEASE

robinm1, May 19, 6:33am
Great little vehicles, cheap as chips to run, go well on the road, great off road. I drive one and love it. But stick to the 1600 motor, the bigger motors, 2 litre and 2.7's use lots more gas and don't go that much better and are expensive to work on, whereas the 1600 is simple and cheap to maintain.

pc_uncorrect, May 19, 6:49am
+1

The 1.6 engine is reliable, and good economy.The 2.0 V6 is a gas guzzler.
If your looking for comfort (smooth ride), then probably not its strong point, as the ride can be bumpy.Off-road and 4-wheel drive, great vehicles, handle well.

franc123, May 19, 6:50am
Good wagons overall, bear in mind that early versions are getting on in years and things like cooling hoses and radiators are failing. OK that happens to any old car but I mention it as in the case of these they have a near zero tolerance to being overheated. Get someone who knows what they are looking at to check the whole thing over for signs of good maintenance and even then still be prepared to have to spend money in this area. Also make sure you do a thorough examination underneath for rust and damage in case its belonged to some slob who's used it on beaches and not washed it properly afterwards. This includes the brakes and steering/suspension bits. As above the V6 versions should be avoided for a whole variety of reasons, the worst being the noise and eventual failure of the timing chains. Diesel versions are also best avoided, especially the early models which used a dreadful mazda engine.

franc123, May 19, 6:50am
Good wagons overall, bear in mind that early versions are getting on in years and things like cooling hoses and radiators are failing. OK that happens to any old car but I mention it as in the case of these they have a near zero tolerance to being overheated. Get someone who knows what they are looking at to check the whole thing over for signs of good maintenance and even then still be prepared to have to spend money in this area. Also make sure you do a thorough examination underneath for rust and damage in case its belonged to some slob who's used it on beaches and not washed it properly afterwards. This includes the brakes and steering/suspension bits. As above the V6 versions should be avoided for a whole variety of reasons, the worst being the noise and eventual failure of the timing chains. Diesel versions are also best avoided, especially the early models which used a dreadful mazda engine. Get a good 1600 or 2000cc 4cyl petrol one and look after it.

robinm1, May 19, 7:10am
Had to rush off before finishing my first post, mine has now done 300,000 kms and is still crisp and nice to drive. I am so impressed with it as an all rounder vehicle, I will be soon looking for a later model lower kms one to replace it with. ( that's after it's clicked over 400,000 kms anyway!)

nakigirl16, May 20, 12:45am
The one i am looking at is a 93 1600cc only done 144 k's, tidy as. what price would i be looking at to pay!

pc_uncorrect, May 20, 2:06am
Is it being being auctioned on here!, if so, the listing number would be good.

olsod2, May 20, 3:53am
we have 2 1600cc escudos. 1990 luvs rust 1992 rust free have a habit of cracking heads both of ours have had free flows fitted takes the heat away from the head.we get about 10ks to the ltr.if the electric windows are slow to go up you may be looking at new window regulators.as for price $2000 to $4500 for a realy good one.cheap as to replace timing belt

chutneyman, May 20, 4:01am
Ive got a 2ltr v6 auto !Huge gas guzzler !Rusting away from beach use and has been washed up on ramps after every beach trip.Has also cost me a rear engine seal ($600) and a trans ($2000 mates rates)and a wheelbearing or 2 !.

nakigirl16, May 20, 4:38am
No not auctioned on here but that was what i was looking at and just wanted to know if anyone else likes them so just wanted yes or no

gofer0007, May 21, 8:12am
Yip go 1600 and if u got spare cash get a set of extractors cuase the standard exhaust manifolds crack due to too much back pressure.Quick and easy job and goes way better with cool temps.Had 6 so far and love em off road and on road.

nakigirl16, May 21, 10:39pm
yey get mine today :)