Car yards could soon be a thing of the past. ?

Page 2 / 2
amberjandal, May 28, 8:59am
I agree , over 300 dealers this year alone have left traditional premises , 2000 since the credit crunch in 2008, on line is the new showroom.

murph2068594, May 28, 10:27am
I think they need to clarify what they meant, because it would just be small local car sales yards.

You will still have a car Dealerships (Holden, Ford, Toyota, Nissan etc) where you go to buy a brand new car, they always have used cars there as well.

I found my car on this website, which was located at Dealership, so i went and inspected it.

There was no way, i was just going to "buy it off the net" without actually physically seeing it.

They say that buying a car is the second-most important purchase you make - next to a house.

Would you put a deposit on a house, without going for a look around!

rotormotor7, May 28, 10:45am
yip and he panel/paints the 5hitters at his lockup on petone ave and his water main has been leaking under his home driveway forever LOL

richynuts, May 28, 11:29am
The thing is. at least buying off the internet you actually take time to consider what you want in a car and not make descision impulsively just because you like the colour, its really cool to drive etc.or got a salesman breathing down your neck for that matter. Iknow many peoplethat tell me they regret buying from a car yard or rattle on about their justification for buying a certain car when in fact the know they made a huge and costly mistake.

gman35, May 29, 2:03am
I work in a cycle shop and re: new bike sales , it's looking like going the way of big box building , mainly single brand supplied manufacturer-dictated "concept" stores. It appears to me that the average Joe actually knows or cares less and less about mechanical things , and could not tell one car (or bike) from the next as to how they "feel". They are happy to rely just on manufacturer or (often misleading) website "reviews" from public riders / drivers that do not necessarily know that much either. I can also explain to them until I am blue in the face about how well assembled our bikes may be & our after sales service, but if "Bikes'R'Us"-
down the road has even the same priced and specced (but different brand) bike in their large well-lit shiny showroom , they will still purchase from there , and then the customer has later told me they got rubbish service and have been back 3 times with assembly-caused issues , all caused by none of the staff really caring as it is not "their" customer , and are generally on lowish pay as all the money goes back to the supplier . Frustrating , when we have a shop full of (own-family-money) purchased stock. The traditional supply lines are dissapearing in many industries , along with the choice of brands , not because they are over-priced or not as good , but because many just want a brand they know or have heard of (major manufacturers) even though it would not matter , because all bikes within a price range have the same brand components as the next brand, It's all just less and less money being spread evenly within an industry.

redhead96, May 29, 8:50am
Hope he is the one paying for the water. No love lost with him.
I heard some of the cars are write offs originally.I also notice that he tends to park up the cars where he shouldn't to take the photos.