Valuing 1980 Corona and 1994 Corolla

Page 2 / 2
friendly_prawn, May 27, 1:48am
I agree, asking price and selling price are two different things.
The reality is though, if you want to buy one, the chances are you will be paying a fairly high price. Why, because there are none listed at what you and I would call a more sensible price.
Besides, try grabbing one of those old cars and doing them up. When you realise the sort of money that goes in to doing up or restoring some of these old cars, you start to realise why they arent listed at a price you or I would be more comfortable with.
Oh and 3 4k expectations. Might pay to take another look. Anything with money spent on it are quite often asking way way more then 3 or 4k.
Quite often5 to 10k and upwards for anything tidy.

phillip.weston, May 27, 2:05am
you would basically be giving away your Corona and still paying a higher price for a 18 year old Corolla which is nothing special to begin with. You would be better off selling the Corona separately and buying something else.

A 1980 Corona should be the TT132 model which is not a bad older model - definitely worth more than the boxier ST140/TT141 models. I would expect at least $1500 for it.

the-lada-dude, May 27, 3:55am
christ !you wont find a toyota2001 "anything"for $4 g mugeneb 20b

saxman99, May 27, 4:10am
Apart from the ones on TradeMe you mean!

mugenb20b, May 27, 4:21am
Correct.I wasn't thinking of Toyotas when made that comment.

johnf_456, May 27, 7:34am
Yip especially if its a manual car. Since they are more expensive.

phillip.weston, May 27, 8:45am
haha "less minimum trade or no trade discount you pay $3490". So they are basically giving you NOTHING for your Corona.