Whats the cheapest new car that you can buy in nz?

Page 1 / 2
friendly_prawn, May 24, 10:45pm
does anyone know!

friendly_prawn, May 24, 10:46pm
Tata nano is probably the cheapest but do they actually sell it in NZ!

commradio, May 24, 11:09pm
guessing whatever the lowest-spec Geely is

gman35, May 25, 1:03am
Hmmm , does cheap = good value though !. Firstly - look at it . Then once you have got over that , if anyone with more than 30min driving experience drove one compared to a couple of 3 yr old $22-25k cars you would feel why they are 12 grand. They are for someone with no expectations apart from getting to point B and who must have a new car. (and hopefully within any 100kmh zone !). Wonder what a 2yr old one of these as a trade-in is worth.

friendly_prawn, May 25, 1:11am
wasnt asking about value for money. Just wanted to know what was the cheapest. Looks like the geely wins to me, unless you got something else in mind that's cheaper!

slarty45, May 25, 1:43am
Suzuki Alto manual $15k until end of May
http://www.suzuki.co.nz/Alto-GST/

robotnik, May 25, 1:48am
What about the Suzuki Farmworker.$11995 + GST.
http://www.suzuki.co.nz/Automotive/Farmworker/Farmworker+Versatile+4X4/

robotnik, May 25, 1:50am
Never mind. It is not road legal.

gooddealz2, May 25, 1:56am
The Chery J1 link above I checked out to see what it was.I note that if it's not black you have to pay extra.Not ever having a car newer than about twenty years old I just wondered if this is normal practice!

gman35, May 25, 2:06am
I remember the day the Mother-in-law got me to test drive one of the square-shaped ones a few years ago that was I think $15999 then , that the agent dropped off to her house for a test drive , to get "my first impression" opinion. We drove it about 200metres , turned around and went back and she got the local agent to pick it back up again as it felt as safe and solid as a Greek finance minister. And the ride and noise made the inside of a working concrete mixer seem desirable !. We bought a used and mint 5yr old Nissan Pulsar for $12k which even she said felt like a current Rolls Royce in comparison.

mugenb20b, May 25, 2:52am
Correct.but that problem is easily fixed.

mugenb20b, May 25, 2:56am
It sure is, 4 air bags, mag wheels, etc + 3 year 100 000km warranty. Not bad at all.except for the front end styling.looks really odd.

friendly_prawn, May 25, 3:27am
I thought I had come up with a brilliant idea.
I was thinking about advertising a free car to give away with my listing.
I think thats probably not a bad idea, and would seriously consider offering one of those geely's free with my it if I was already at the bottom of my price range.
Still giving it some thought though. Free new car got to look attractive to some one.

foxdonut, May 25, 3:34am
Normally you pay for paint options, mostly metallics though and for a car in the 15-20k price range, not normally more than about 600 bucks.

"Any colour other than black" indicates that 12 grand would be better spent on something else because if they're trying to cut prices by cents like they are with a single type of whatever paint they brought the cheapest you can guarantee that those air bags aren't going to do anything in a crash except fill the cabin up with poison and your seat belts will be about as useless as scotch tape at stopping you flying through the splintering, old fashioned glass that shatters and flays your eyeballs out as you glide onto the road and die because you brought a Geely / Chery / Do Want Happy Fun Fun GoodTime Motor Conveyance / etc.

friendly_prawn, May 25, 3:35am
More or less the same price.And it looks a lot nicer.

pcguitarist, May 25, 4:37am
Prawn.can I ask you why you have weird images in your house!!!! haha. And if I buy the house I'm assuming I get the tropical views out the bedroom window with the sea and coastline aye!

friendly_prawn, May 25, 4:43am
yeah sure of course mate. Seaviews and all come with it.

i could throw in a few bikini girls for you to if you want. ;-)

tigra, May 25, 5:10am
And a Suzuki Swift!

mugenb20b, May 25, 5:13am
Interesting thought. But, then, the potential buyer may ask you to drop the price by $12k on your property and you keep the car. So, either way, you might end up losing $12k, right! I'm not being negative here, just looking at the situation that could occur when negotiating a deal.

dr.doolittle, May 25, 5:29am
Seriously, offer a free trip to the Islands, US or Europe.

barrie2, May 25, 6:04am
Geely - cheap and reliable. got to be as Rotorua's top driving school has one. Not the best 'looker' around but you did not ask that. If you had I would have said my PT Cruiser takes that award. (Ducks for cover.)!~ :-)

taipan4, May 25, 6:11am
not able to be registered for road use therefore NOT in the racve LOL

mugenb20b, May 25, 8:09am
It "can" be registered in NZ.

slarty45, May 25, 8:40am
Farmer friend was keen on a new one, but unable to drive it into town as they are not road-registerable. No airbags etc
He bought a new Jimny flat deck instead.

clanky, May 25, 9:43pm
How would you do that, mugenb20b!