Lowing springs 4 honda

Page 1 / 2
weedude1, May 20, 8:24pm
hi i have a 94 honda rafaga what other make and model honda has the same lowing springs! i know like 90,91,92 integra,civic, crx r the same is there any the same 4 my car as i cant find any 2nd ones 4 my rafaga thanks :)

friendly_prawn, May 20, 8:39pm
can I ask why you want to lower it!

berg, May 20, 8:45pm
I'm wondering the same thing FP. Its not like a Rafaga has any sort of sporting pedigree. OP, buy your springs new if you must lower your car. That way you have no issues with spring sag or any unknown damage.

friendly_prawn, May 20, 9:02pm
To be honest I just dont understand the whole lowering cars thing.
IT does my head in when I see a car I really want and then I read in the add that its been lowered. Puts me off it straight away.
I could understand if some one was going to use it on a track then fair enough.

And especially utes, why the hell would any one want to lower a ute!
To my mind, its just a good way to screw up perfectly good suspension.

Hey each to their own I guess but as I said. I admit, I just dont get it.

ninja_man, May 20, 9:14pm
4 da hullaflush look Gee!

bill-robinson, May 20, 9:21pm
Just let the tyres down. same effect no cost. Pump them up again before you use the car. please send $5 for the tip.

berg, May 20, 9:24pm
friendly_prawn wrote:

To be honest I just dont understand the whole lowering cars thing.
IT does my head in when I see a car I really want and then I read in the add that its been lowered. Puts me off it straight away.
I could understand if some one was going to use it on a track then fair enough.

And especially utes, why the hell would any one want to lower a ute!
To my mind, its just a good way to screw up perfectly good suspension.

Hey each to their own I guess but as I said. I admit, I just dont get it.[/
quote]
I'm with you on that one. I have to laugh at Mercs and BMWs dragging their bumpers down the road while chewing the inside inch off their rear tyres all because their owners know far more about suspension technology that the respective manufacturers. I mean, the owners have spent at least $500 on springs! Its not like the manufacturers haven't spent millions in development.

ninja_man, May 20, 9:31pm
good quality adjustable suspension will improve handling though.

friendly_prawn, May 20, 9:34pm
excellently put. I couldnt have put that any better if I tried.

morrisman1, May 20, 10:11pm
perhaps it has something to do with his username

trader1292, May 20, 11:56pm
It's for cosmetic purposes only 90% of the time. I have lowered several cars and all with the exception of one was just for looks. You could argue its just as pointless to paint a car unless the paintwork is stuffed but plenty of people do. As for your Honda. It's a Honda, it should not be modified. Period.

bellky, May 21, 12:00am
It looks sweet.

savanna19, May 21, 12:07am
ark welder will soon cut those springs in half looking real gansta

thegravelracer, May 21, 12:10am
lol, another scotty

bellky, May 21, 12:10am
You might be able to just cut a coil or two off and still be captive and legal.

hopie, May 21, 1:18am
Auction 469171540.

Edited to say look up CD Accord or Ascot as they use the same spring, although i'd say you'd be hard pressed finding 2nd hand items

bent_ate, May 21, 5:28am
Hay Gee, Juz get da grynda owt, kut da coils in harf (I meen longwayz). Makes da ka boost hard, u will bee aybl to kut some sik reverce hoops, copz wont hav a chance of katchung u. 2 much kuz

berg, May 21, 5:43am
Had a lead head tell me he had cut the springs on his BMW (virtually zero travel left) because it handled better and looked "gangsta".
Sorry mate but a $70,000 car with a $50,000 paint job, $10,000 wheels, $20,000 Eibach/Bilstien suspension, $5000 brakes, $20,000 interior job and other custom mods is gansta. Your $3000 BMW with $2000 wheels, cut springs, tinted tail lights, dings and scratches looks gayster. As for handling better, bouncing down the road on the bumpstops is not handling better.

weedude1, May 21, 5:58am
THANKS TO SOME OF USE PEOPLE AND THE REST WELL U KNOW WHERE TO GO.
ITS CALLED LOSEING BODY ROLL
Y DO U PUT GAS IN YOUR CAR 4 !

friendly_prawn, May 21, 6:03am
weedude if you car has excessive body role I think you will find you already have issues with your suspension.why not resolve the issues you already have before creating more.

weedude1, May 21, 6:06am
my car sits like a 4wd

weedude1, May 21, 6:07am
i dont want to drop it on its ass just lose its 4wd look

friendly_prawn, May 21, 6:15am
Sounds strange!wonder if the previous owner has put the wrong springs and or shockys in it some how!
I cant help but wonder then if putting a good set of standard springs andshocks back in to your car would solve your problem.

That might also explain help to explain excessive body role.

mugenb20b, May 21, 6:37am
So!

mugenb20b, May 21, 6:38am
No it's not. It's called 'losing'.