Clutch problem?. Okay so about a month ago when i reversed out our driveway when i went to put the car into 1st gear there was n

trina112, May 17, 5:50am
Okay, so about a month ago when I reversed out our driveway, when I went to put the car into 1st gear, there was no resistance in the clutch, hubby filled clutch fluid and everything seemed fine.

Now today its doing the same thing and it's doing it when you break and stop completely as well.If you pump the clutch, it works again fine.
So my question is, completely stuffed or another problem!Car is a manual caldina

andy61, May 17, 5:57am
Just needs a new clutch slave cylinder .Not all bad and what do you mean by break!

mugenb20b, May 17, 5:57am
Err.except, it's not "fine". Clutch hydraulic system is not meant to leak fluid.

You have a problem with either a clutch slave or master cylinder or both. One will be leaking and needing replacement. If you know where to look, peel the boot on the clutch slave cylinder. If there's fluid in the boot, it's f.ed. Easy and cheap fix.

mugenb20b, May 17, 5:59am
I bloody hope so!

trina112, May 17, 6:01am
Sorry I meant brake.We haven't noticed it leaking and I hadn't checked anything other than oil and water for a while.

mugenb20b, May 17, 6:02am
You won't as all the fluid that leaked will be contained inside the dust boot of the slave cylinder.

trina112, May 17, 6:05am
So do you know what the mechanic has to do and around how much it will cost!

Sorry I'm a little stressed, my mum died 2 weeks ago and life is a little chaotic and this is the last thing I need, since we've just forked out heaps of money to get her house organised etc.

mugenb20b, May 17, 6:15am
I don't know the prices of clutch parts for a Caldina, but it's best if you go and see your mechanic for a quote. It will take him 1 minute to diagnose the problem.

Sorry to hear about your loss and my harsh comments.

realtrader1, May 17, 6:24am
Well, yes, could be the slave cyl and or master cyl. but, could easily be the flexi hose to the slave cyl. or a fitting, incl. bleed nipple that's slightly loose.If it was only a loose fitting may just need a tighten / hose replacement and a bleed to get rid of the air.Worst case senario: shouldn't be very expensive.