Help onwith a repair and paint please of me boat

Page 1 / 2
blackbnz, Jun 2, 9:34pm
Hi there the F@#$.moment happened yesterday !Yup you wouldnt read about it til now.Heading out with me mate for a beaut days fishing over in Akaroa!All set bud yip so off i goes reversing the trailor down the ramp just going over the top for the downward drive and ( NEX MINIT) ! the old girl took off wat the :{ .SMASH CRASHBOOM .NOOOOOOOOOOOOO off the old girl went slideing Draging all the way down and stopped just south of the waters edge yup.thats right adding insult to injury we have to push it in over the grinding surface that was kindly removing me bottom end .Argh.Duh.,oh and forgot to add me mate lee was in itnow that was funny lol he was hanging on for dear life had no idea what was happening rushing towards his death with no way for escape .he he but i cracked me bait lid open under his nose to bring him back from extinction.id gone too far to give up now sooo fishing we did round the heads sat in the mighty 2foot waves got crook as a dog heading back to the join the other girlys in there Fancy Boats pretending to be blokes like us .Cause in my mind imm the biggest hardest bloke out .Until theres a Thump outside in thestillnight yup first thing to mind Killers are stalking my home aint going out there ! Go and check love il stay safe right here under me warm cozy covers ,!anyway pulled up between the rest of the girls sitting in there lovely flash boats with my jealous tongue hanging out draged the anchor which i hadjust bought yesterday looking to get a solidgrip of the sandy bottom.Yup thats right SNAGGED it GOOD with all the others watching this Idiot trying to release it >> Yeah well they had there advice on wat too do Like we hadnt already tried .uugh.afterso finally snapping my cleat on the front gave up.threw the lot over board tail wraped tightly between me legs heading back its over had it .looking over the shoulder mumlbing Crap Spot anyways. tons of water came out so yeah got a leak.so what immasking is could somone please give some advice on what product to use to repair and repaint >>>its an old 70s 5mtr dominator does have a mint yamaha outboard so worth doing the workcheers in advance

martin11, Jun 2, 9:45pm
Go and do a Coast Guard course with a practical part and learn to handle a boat properly . Would have been funny for any one watching ,ramps always provide free entertainment if you hang around long enough .
Anyone with good Fiberglass skills should be able to fix it for you .

berg, Jun 2, 9:48pm
You know its a bad day when,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol. Best to flip the boat and get it reglassed if its bad enough to leak. Not something you want to "patch and hope" with considering where you fish. Give your local boatshop a ring and they will point you in the right direction.

a.woodrow, Jun 2, 9:48pm
What no dragons!

blackbnz, Jun 2, 10:00pm
reckon i could do this meself cant be that hard ! gulp

blackbnz, Jun 2, 10:23pm
come on guys someone must of done this themseleves share yah secrets :)

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 2, 10:44pm
Next time leave the chain on and the winch ratchet locked until you're at launching depth.

shuddupowh, Jun 2, 11:05pm
cool story bro

elect70, Jun 2, 11:10pm
^^^hawe always used to rocket launch our old fishermanjust hadtie rope onbowwincheyethen pullher t in . Anyway,to patch itneedchopped strandmatforanyholes&dynelmatto cover&fbbreglass resin & hardner. Then paint with 2 pot reaction lacquer . To do as berg suggested would costway nmore than hull iis worth . Mate had a 18 footer done on cradlebottom half reglassed & painted$ 8 G

superdave0_13, Jun 2, 11:20pm
Dang. Dropped my steak n cheese half way through reading that!

johnf_456, Jun 3, 2:21am
Yip, common sense is long gone in this place. That's why its fun at times to get some beer and have a picnic near a boat ramp.

blackbnz, Jun 3, 2:29am
haha yeah the sea flat as needed to get out real quick yup real quick who needs the chain on aye

martin11, Jun 3, 2:35am
Spent many a happy hour doing this . Specially when we were camping years ago

blackbnz, Jun 3, 8:06am
sooooooo still waiting for a no how cando this type of paint buy it from cause its the best type of answer

msigg, Jun 3, 8:17am
I would start googling boat repair shops around your area, some good epiglass products around that will sort this out, boat shops, fiberglass is easy to fix if nice and clean, turn it over on the lawn and start having a look around as to where to repair. Do some more research. All the best.

blackbnz, Jun 3, 9:09am
yip! wonder if theres someone local who may be interested in doing a wee deal with me !! someone maybe with a bit of spare minits on them keen to get stuck in and sort it for me !! now that would be mint reckon i could go that way too otherwise yup let to me and the lads .

martin11, Jun 3, 8:15pm
What sort of boat and year is it !

berg, Jun 3, 8:31pm
By "reglassed" I ment the same as elect70 said. Whip the engine off and flip the boat on your lawn. Clean up the effected area and repair with fiberglass mat and resin. Its quite easy to do and if you take your time you end up with a good finish.
I did my fireball (also glasses an alloy keel protector in) and it came up really nice.

blackbnz, Jun 3, 8:41pm
1974 or something around that year !! Solid old girl

a.woodrow, Jun 3, 8:51pm

blackbnz, Jun 3, 9:02pm
laugh my ass off haha good one !
Yup only ours was way worse lol yup alot of noise and a longer run !
Yip straight away thought what an iidiot and thats probably what they were all thinking in the motels yup wakie wakie people its started heres the townies

blackbnz, Jun 4, 4:22am
anyone keen to paint this puppy for me have had a nibble ! only the blokes in nelson may have to tow her up there.

spottie, Jun 4, 7:59am
Wher on the hull is it leaking! Transom or along keel!

blackbnz, Jun 4, 8:54am
back end took the main blow dont see a hole just deep gouges

neville48, Jun 4, 8:59am
If it started leaking after this wee altercation you have more of a problem there than you realise. Yea you can do a resonable job by rolling it on the lawn etc but this probably needs to be repaired from the inside of the hull.ie; cutting up a section of the floor to do a proper repair, and from the outside of the hull.ie; the cosmetic bit. If you do the complete repair from the outside and it is not done properly by someone that knows the products and processes you risk having the repair drop out ,usually about 4kms off the coast somewhere. The hull may have more extensive chassis rot or transom rot than you realise so dont have Monica thinking you're dumb and end up on the ghost chips, get it looked at by someone that knows and he may even guide you to a do it yourself repair.