Paint

one-one-alpha, Jun 3, 6:38am
Can anyone tell me roughly how much it would cost to paint a 89 Mazda B2000 extra cab in matt black!

attitudedesignz, Jun 3, 6:39am
$6

kaymay88, Jun 3, 6:49am
you are going to need way more info, and probably a photo or two. is there any rust that needs cutting out and fixed first! how is the body! how much pep is it going to need (and dont say youll do it yourself, painters dont trust other peoples prep as it can make their own otherwise good work look bad) what colour are you wanting to go! pearls and metallics and flakes etc etc all have different costs.
Do you want a proper doors off respray! what about engine bay!

gunhand, Jun 3, 6:52am
Dont think Matt Black comes in a Pearl

one-one-alpha, Jun 3, 6:56am
There is a bit of rust around the drivers side a pillar that will need removed and some slight surface rust on the roof and the rear tray, just after the outside done not worried about engine bay etc.
Just after a rough estimate if anyone has done it before.
I would think matt black would cost less than other paint!

brokebloke1, Jun 3, 7:28am
paint alone about $300 for 4 litres, then you have thinners $95/ 20 litres then you have sandpaper about $40/ car masking tape about $40then you have to get 1k primer about $120/ 4 litres so budget about $600-$700 for paint etc alone

grangies, Jun 3, 7:33am
Jesus, where do you but your matt black from!

$300 for 4 liters!

And 20 liters of thinner needed!

gammelvind, Jun 3, 7:49am
Whoa, I know why you are called brokebloke #6 lol, I can sell you 4 litres of matt black for about $80, automotive grade, that stuff is cheap as chips. The trouble with matt is that that it doesn't look that crash hot on a working vehicle after a couple of years, but cheap it is. The rest of the work is the same regardless of whether you use cheap or a quality paint. Primer (1K) about $100, masking, sandpaper etc etc probably about another $100, assuming of course you are doing the work yourself. Getting a painter to do the job and having them do a job so their reputation isn't put in jepardy will change the price considerably and the savings wouldn't be that large. But then again they wouldn't need 4 litres to paint a ute cab.

brokebloke1, Jun 3, 7:50am
spraystore Christchurch, that thinners covers primers and top coats including clears
4 litres of black tinter is $190 then its got to be mixed to form matt black that is about $30/liter so yea $300 is maybe the top price to pay remember this is 1k laquer

kaymay88, Jun 3, 8:01am
ha, i didnt read that part, my bad!

attitudedesignz, Jun 3, 8:04am
Save us all the dribble, go to supercheap, buy 10 aerosol cans and do it ya self.
Firstly it was just paint now it's got rust (yes "surface rust" is just as bad as "normal" rust), the steel is RUSTING.

Can any one tell i'm getting tired of people asking "how long is a piece of string!"

I'm so over KNACs.

cowboy110, Jun 3, 8:06am
Nah, that's only 2 rattle cans from the $2 shop.Reckon you'd need 4 cans plus a paint scraper to get the over spray off the windows.20 bucks should cover it.

attitudedesignz, Jun 3, 8:07am
Yeah, i re-vised my original price to 10 cans as above LOL.

attitudedesignz, Jun 3, 8:08am
Actually.

$6 = 3 cans from $2 shop. good maths on both our parts me thinks haha.

grangies, Jun 3, 8:08am
It is cheaper and better quality, to buy a 2K black with matting paste/base, plus hardener.

cowboy110, Jun 3, 8:12am
Damn.the bstards ripped me off.Wondered why they were laughing when I walked out the shop.Maybe it was the public holiday surcharge.

attitudedesignz, Jun 3, 8:13am
No, they were laughing because they knew ya were going home to "matt Black" ya car mate.

cowboy110, Jun 3, 8:20am
Ahh.so the cap on sideways and me jeans down around me knees might have been the give away!