Motorbike rego

Page 2 / 2
kazbanz, Jul 13, 9:19pm
This has been suggested in the past for a group of freinds with multiple bikes.
First everyone chips in and starts a "bike company" next you apply for aN LTSA number.
Next the group of mates applies for trade plates. As long as the bike has a current WOF and the yellow plate is on the bike then it has rego.
This will ONLY work for a group of mates with multiple bikes each or the economy of scale just aint worth it

shagged, Jul 13, 9:37pm
It's actually $100 fine and 25 demerits for having no rego now.

crzyhrse, Jul 13, 10:52pm
$100 and 25 demerits.

crzyhrse, Jul 13, 10:54pm
I'm sure you don't actually believe that.

johnf_456, Jul 13, 11:24pm
Probably a routine check.

crzyhrse, Jul 13, 11:30pm
No, no patrol ones. Yet. But they do have computer access to the NZTA database - just not sure if it's live or local though.

dingo011, Jul 14, 12:37am
Hmmm I wonder if the total $ take for bike rego has actually increased! Like everyone else it seems, I now rego my bike November to end April then put on hold for six months. Still ride while on hold but as I live in Welly not very much over the winter LOL Been stopped twice in ten years for random check so the odds of getting caught when on hold are fu$k all!

crzyhrse, Jul 14, 12:47am
The tax collectors have been ramping that up.

cocabowla, Jul 14, 1:14am
from what i saw it is indeed hooked up for more or less instant pulling over. there was a traffic cop parked to the inside of it, another 200 odd meteres down the road as well as cones in the centreline, one opposite that , another 200 metres further back on other side of road and one mobile unit. the booze bus was there to but not sure if they were doing breath testing or just using it as the office for processing

crzyhrse, Jul 14, 1:19am
What I meant was whether it was just an offline onboard database that is updated daily or whether it is real time link to the source.

berg, Sep 9, 6:54am
Actually (yes I know this as fact) using a false plate comes under "uses a document for pecuniary advantage" (yes a plate is considered a document in law) and carries a possible 5 years imprisonment under the crimes act