State run car yards?

Page 1 / 2
carmedic, Jul 4, 8:32am

sw20, Jul 4, 8:41am
More legislation to protect people from their own stupidity.

babcorp, Jul 4, 8:41am
The thing is these people go to loan sharks because banks after examining their financial situation have the good sense not to borrow them the money which they can't afford to repay in the first place.A fool and his money are soon parted etc.

richardmayes, Jul 4, 8:53am
Serves them right if they get ripped off.

Stupid poor people.

whynot7, Jul 4, 9:07am
unbefarginleivable . there sure are some muppets out there.
do we have to try to save everyone from themselves .what next! state owned kfc ,macdonalds, burger king to stop the fatties too
next thing the state will be paying people to stay at home an do nothing.ohh wait umm

cocabowla, Jul 4, 9:08am
"winston peters, used car salesman" thats just asking for trouble . ! lmao

carmedic, Jul 4, 9:09am
South Auckland barrister, Catriona MacLennan "I bought my car for $3900 at a car fair???
LOL
Those ???desperately poor people??

trogedon, Jul 4, 9:11am
The comments in the comments section sum up her stupidity.

rob_man, Jul 4, 9:15am
Exactly. The even greater stupidity of the people she is trying to deliver into the hands of bureaucracy is highlighted by the price they will pay for a car even though they're poor. Interesting that she paid $3800 for a car while they will go out and spend tens of thousands.

carmedic, Jul 4, 9:43am
Bad credit, me thinks!

franc123, Jul 4, 11:14am
Oh come on you hard working taxpayers, why shouldn't the Govt be providing subsidised $10K plus cars of choice to beneficiaries with extended warranties while you drive to work in whatever you can afford and maintain it yourself on a shoestring budget!We can name the new state run caryard network WINZ and Wheels lol.

mrfxit, Jul 4, 9:57pm
In theory YES
In practice, hard to say
Love this bit which I consider a very good idea
"the front page of all loan documents should contain nothing other than the following statement in large, bold type: "YOU WILL PAY A TOTAL OF $X IF YOU TAKE OUT THIS LOAN."

cjdnzl, Jul 4, 11:57pm
What a shithead.Many people are poor through no fault of their own, and kept poor by the leeches who charge like wounded bulls for every little thing.Right at the beginning of all this is the education system which does not teach anything at all about handling money.They teach all manner of things from Maori studies up, but the tools people need for daily living are not taught.In my day, some years ago now, I went right through to the seventh form at age 17 - that's twelve years of continuous schooling, and never had even one day of teaching about money and finance.Some people seem to know instinctively but many don't, and I believe those relatively naive about finance are routinely bitten by a sophisticated industry geared to take advantage of such people.

richardmayes, Jul 5, 12:07am
WHOOOOOSH as the irony goes straight over the top.

Yes I believe you are dead right cjdnzl - especially your last sentence.

(I have spent a bit of time in Otahuhu, and it is just criminal the way every other shop entices people already on the breadline to get into levels of debt that would scare me away - as someone who makes more than the average wage. )

elect70, Jul 5, 12:39am
Female logic .Better to licence all money lenders & require a code of practice. Even my accountant was into money lending ,made more out of it than doing books , reckoned it was a licence to print money .

chutneyman, Jul 5, 1:01am
Tarnica Cars, Monument Motors,and Equality Cars,arnt they all run by the government.In my years of repos, it was the government benefits that were meant to be paying for them !.All my repos were from the above companies that pry on the poor !

bleetbleet, Jul 5, 5:36am
lol.did you know,according to statisics, cardealers are more trusted than politians.this is just the governments way of increasing their reputation

sw20, Jul 5, 5:44am
Well when you exchange cash for a car from a dealer, you are actually getting a car. When the government takes your money.well you don't get much in return

gilligan2, Jul 5, 5:48am
A cull would be my preferred coarse of action on that matter.

cypherboy, Jul 5, 6:05am
Or just buy from the Indians.>Tata Nano anyone!
http://tatanano.inservices.tatamotors.com/tatamotors/

bopbargains, Jul 5, 6:16am
narr.his clients have heaps of money.recounts examples of a man who borrowed $9000 to buy a car and ended up with a $21,000 bill, and someone else who paid $10,000 for a car but faced total repayments of $25,000.

"One woman found that a car worth only $5000 was to cost her $29,000,"

richardmayes, Jul 5, 6:39am
Apart from a road to drive your car on.!

oakie, Jul 5, 8:26pm
John Key dressed in a safari suit with polar bear skin shoes. make one shudder!

ianalice1, Jul 5, 8:42pm
Thats a bit harsh, not everyone know heaps, about cars and can spot a lemon.

pge, Jul 5, 9:34pm
sw20, your point has just been proven, beyond all reasonable doubt.