Insurance valuation, scooter Dunedin

ironwoman2007, Jun 11, 4:50am
All in the title really, deos anyone have any idea how to go about this! The scooter is a zong shen, I brought off my brother-in-law, but my sister and I arn't talking so no luck there, also I had it serviced at that nice place next to Browns cycle shop on the one way, but they don't want to value it, so help needed please.

msigg, Jun 11, 5:43am
Is it woth insuring at all. $1000 yoou can buy a new one. save your money, best insurance is a car orgood leathers.

safteystv, Jun 11, 9:18am
try for third party if you can . scooters battle scar up good from slides , would be right off if rammed head first into stuff or some clownrear ends you . try the yamaha dealer or motoXtreme 10 waverly st south d . the major bike shops are snobs when it comes to chinese brand scooters,

johnf_456, Jun 11, 10:10am
And how do you propose he pay for the damage to someone elses property if that was to occur!

wellystretch, Jun 11, 10:18am
How much damage are you going to do on a scooter!

johnf_456, Jun 11, 10:26am
If you hit a late model car. Still the cost of panel beaters, even a new windscreen. So could easily add up

msigg, Jun 12, 7:07am
How do u pay for anything john. Most scooter riders don't run into cars,they know it will hurt, thats a very good deterant. cars run into them. If you ride the scooter too long u may nt live long enough anyway.

toppo1, Jun 12, 8:45am
3rd party would cost bugger all and you shoud have it. msigg nobody plans to run into anything acidents happen. As for the value of your zongshen.sweet FA its chineese junkjust my 2c worth.

geoff_m, Jun 12, 10:18am
Not worth much, but get at least 3rd party. With my scooter, full cover was the same price as 3rd party if you shop around. Currently through Kiwiibike along with others and cheaper than Protecta 3rd party. Swann directly was also cheaper. Runs around $250 / year - it has gone up.

johnf_456, Jun 12, 10:21am
Accidents happen, even the most experienced drivers get it wrong sometimes. Insurance is cheap and its peace of mind. Just get third party, its people that don't have insurance are the ones I dislike. Just like one I am dealing with at the moment causing an accident and we are having to take him to the disputes tribunal to get the money out of him. Just get third party if your not worried about the theft its cheap as chips.

ironwoman2007, Jun 12, 11:06pm
Thanks safteystv, some silly bugger backed into me and wrote it off, but only wants to give me $500.

gizmsme, Jun 12, 11:41pm
Tell them if they think that's all it's worth to find one for that the same as what you had and replace it.

kazbanz, Jun 13, 3:46am
Gimme some infoYear,cc milage,2 or four stroke.
They were only about $1200 new if its the scooter I think it is but I can give an indication

gman35, Jun 13, 4:09am
If they are anything like cheap rubbish BICYCLES in my industry , they are dogs to work on , almost un-adjustable as the fastenings etc are so rubbish , and so generally drive you insane , you could literallyspend your whole day working on it yet it still won't be right to the standard any mechanic would be happy with.

safteystv, Jun 13, 9:02am
so very sorry to hear about the death of your ride , hope you weren't on it.
take money and run, some is better than none. have seen some scooters with out plastics but if frame or wheels bent 1 dollar reserve on tm best of luck.

safteystv, Jun 13, 9:13am
gman it may be cheap n cheerful but had a loving owner who had it serviced check , they just wanted a value with company letter head letter for insurance company. if they have had a good run and enjoyed the scooter THEY might up grade to better one ergo buy new one from a local dealer . stuff the japanese scooters designed last decade, euro or malaysian look heaps better don't get me started on goldwings or dn01 or 500cc "scooters" lol . http://www.aprilia.net.nz/SR50R.htm