Crap fuel

johnf_456, Aug 4, 2:46am

nathanmac, Aug 4, 2:52am
I must admit I have no real experience in this area outside what I read on the computer, and I'm only giving my best estimation on what I think the situation could be - so don't take it as gospel or any type of inside industry information, but I think what you've got up there is a link to a website.Feel free to dispel that myth though.

franc123, Aug 4, 5:49am
All that article says is that you will be getting a slightly lower quality fuel for basically the same price if you are a 91 user, the rest of it is largely irrelevant for most motorists.

johnf_456, Aug 4, 5:50am
Yeah but it just goes to show how crap how fuel really is.

rob_man, Aug 4, 6:03am
Can anyone elucidate on the kero/diesel blends! I've heard the truck racers use this for more HP.

franc123, Aug 4, 9:16am
yes but apparantly its not as crappy as Aussie 91, hence the reduction to their level lol.

doug207, Aug 4, 9:49am
I'd hate to see how their Gen3 V8's run on their cheap stuff if it's worse than ours.

jono2912, Aug 4, 9:55am
Always used 95+

dave653, Aug 4, 9:44pm
Not too long ago 96 was changed to 95, and the price difference went from 5c to 7c/ltr more than 91. Anyone else notice!

jubre, Aug 4, 10:57pm
I would never use 91, not even in my lawnmower.

ken171, Aug 5, 3:57am
Use B.P. 98 octane, and notice the difference in smooth running, performance, and kilometres travelled,and you wont go back to the Crappy 91 octane.

johnf_456, Aug 5, 4:12am
Depends if the car is tuned for 91 not all cars benefit from high octane fuel.

neville48, Aug 5, 8:32pm
This is a family show rob man, if theres elucidating to be done we would prefer you do it in the privacy of your own home.geeez.

mgmad, Aug 5, 9:23pm
Nearly all cars will benefit from running on 95 over 91. My wife's old Nissan Ad wagon, which ran perfectly fine on 91 without pinking, returned 10% better economy on 95, consistently. Given the price difference was about 3%, it's a no brainer.

rob_rooster, Aug 6, 4:15am
I never run cars on 91 the stuff is weasel piss!

johnf_456, Sep 13, 3:41pm
Not really there is many engines that make no difference, especially old carbys. With the vast range of various make and models i dont think so. That maybe the case for you but it does mean the same for others. If it pinks on lower fuel the emgine is not tuned for it.