Ecu falcon

v8_mopar, Jul 9, 5:46am
Is the ecu from an ed xr6 falcon the same as the falcon 6 or even the ef

v8_mopar, Jul 9, 6:06am
Mine is corroded out and the car keeps playing up. Cant find one in Dunedin and kinda need to be back in Christchurch tomorrow, yes not gonna happen.

dr_blueoval, Jul 9, 6:10am
An ED XR6 will no doubt work in another 6cyl ED assuming they have the same transmission, they are however sensitive to what rear axle ratio is being used, often the trans shift points will be affected. They aren't interchangeable with EF level ones, they use the EEC5 engine management system and a totally different ignition system, among other things.

v8_mopar, Jul 9, 6:23am
Cheers. I having trouble finding one. So if I can now ask around for any 6cyl ecu Im sure ill have more luck than asking for the xr6 one

v8_mopar, Jul 10, 12:40am
So far cant find a new or used one anywhere in nz.

3TBA
ETV-456 EEC-IV
93DT-12A650-BA

I would be very grateful far an help

richardmayes, Jul 10, 12:49am
Here is a photo that may possibly be of some help.

have used them before for other quite different Ford-related issues with good result.

(Lower Hutt so 04.)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-IWWLPn8EJIE/T4cUXjGgFkI/AAAAAAASWVI/YoRJUb-saJ0/s563/Gaskin+Ford+%26+Mazda

v8_mopar, Jul 10, 3:52am
Thanks for the contact. They like ever one have the 92DT. but not the 93DT. . I might have to take the gamble and try the 92DT.

smac, Jul 10, 4:11am
Ford say.what!

v8_mopar, Jul 10, 6:13am
It obsolete now and no old stock on the shelf

The car is rapidly becoming obsolete too!

smac, Jul 10, 6:17am
Gotta be one available in Aussie.

v8_mopar, Jul 10, 6:33am
Yea might have to try that or see if it can be repaired.

Its looking like im gonna have to leave the car in Dunedin and catch a bus home

v8_mopar, Jul 10, 8:57am
Yay I have one to pick up tomorrow in Invercargill.

Thank you very much Brendon (fordgod) who got me onto a ford guy here in Dunedin who got me onto another ford/holden guy in Inver's who had the part. Its been a hard few days looking for the part so I appreciate every ones input.

Cheers