BMW DASH LIGHT QUESTION

pugmyre, Jul 9, 2:43am
Hey guys, can you help a girl out!1999 BMW 318ti.There is a Dashlight right in the centre on its own flashed on once ONLY while motoring.It is orange light with a Triangle that has a Exclamation Mark within it and a Circular Backwards Arrow on the Outside of the Triangle.What do you think I need checked out!We have no agent where we live.Any help appreciated.Thank you.

fiatracer, Jul 9, 2:50am
traction control. Were you accelerating hard! was it slippery! unsure if the ti has this though.

fiatracer, Jul 9, 2:51am
ie - the traction control cuts back engine power when it detects wheelspin, and the light flashes up as it does this

pugmyre, Jul 9, 2:59am
Hi.I was just cruising at approx 96km in 100km zone but the road wasn't wet.However I did accelerate a little to go up the hill I was approaching.

fiatracer, Jul 9, 3:01am
could be a related sensor. If it only happened once I wouldn't worry about it, BMWs do seem to throw up messages from time to time. i had a 740 that threw up a transmission fault message [made me panic!] but never did it again and never had any problems at all with the actual transmission.

pugmyre, Jul 9, 3:03am
Thanks.Really appreciate your help and input.

ffbuksh, Jul 9, 3:14am
It's the traction conrol all right. It's comes on when one of your tyres loses grip.so the car cuts off power to the other wheel to stop you from skidding. Mine does that all the time.

fiatracer, Jul 9, 3:22am
heh- as does mine ;-)

but, in this case, does the same light also warn of a brake glitch!

ffbuksh, Jul 9, 3:31am
Well, from experience, if there is something wrong with the brakes, both the traction control light will light up in yellow and the handbrake light will also do the same even when the handbrakes are off.

supernova2, Jul 9, 7:11am
Just wonder if it indicates low brake fluid!Could be a bump or whatever triggered the sensor.

pugmyre, Jul 9, 7:32am
Will check that in the morning.