Battery Question - BMW

edangus, Jan 8, 12:33am
Ok, never had this happen (with another vehicle) before so.

E38 740. Car runs sweet day to day etc. but leave it for 8 or so days and wont start, just goes whirr a little.
Easy to Jump, no strain, no real effort. All the memory functions continue to work. Clock - Seat Settings etc etc and there is no changes.

Car will then continue to run sweet without jumping until I leave it alone again.
So - alts working - no dizzy so points aint an issue. anything else to look at for draining!

Or is the Battery just starting to die!

TIA

curlcrown, Jan 8, 12:37am
Its just the Battery.

skull, Jan 8, 1:22am
Put a new battery in it, there are various grades of battery, don't go for cheap!

carlz05, Jan 8, 2:01am
Agreed with Skull, get a proper battery to suit the model of BMW, I've had a similar issue in the past, tried to do it cheap, it doesn't work.

luxy, Jan 8, 2:04am
have you got a alarm. I have had 2 cars that the alarm has run the battery down when not in use. check things like glove box light or boot light and make sure they are going out

motorway, Jan 8, 2:07am
This could be worth a try, might reveal something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=YyaL7epLsBk

edangus, Jan 8, 4:41am
Lord no. Cheap + Battery = 12 months tops.

edangus, Jan 8, 4:44am
Thank you sir.

edangus, Jan 8, 4:46am
No.no alarm. Have done all the obvious checks - excluding Motorways.Will have a crack at that.

Cheera

geoff_m, Jan 8, 7:15am
I had that with a car I had that didn't get used much the battieries diw if they ar enot charged up all the time as they self discharge. The easist way is t get an automatic battery charger and plug it inwhen you are going to leave it for a few days. I have one of these- 437046988 (from another seller). Works a charm.
It puts off the day of buying another battery for a year or so.

jason_247, Jan 8, 8:15am
the recomended battery for this vehicle is a din85
they retail for around $380
although a din65 has more than enough grunt to start the car and is only around $250 at supacheap
they only put ahuge one in thereto let you run all the accessories while the car is off, presumably while your driver puts the bodies in the boot

edangus, Jan 8, 8:40am
Of course. I mean you don't expect me to sit around doing nothing whilst the help disposes of the evidence.

Drive on Charles.