Re-Paint Of Classic Mini . Ball Park Figure?

dazza135, Jun 24, 8:33am
Evening All. I am tomorrow going to start sourcing quotes for painting my 1978 mini project. What sort of figures should I be expecting! All rust has been removed, plated and bogged. Thank You for any help in advance!

gunhand, Jun 24, 8:45am
With out seeing it or knowing what standerd you want it to I would budget between 3 and 7grand. Yikes you may say, a Mini is small though. Yes they are but the same amount of effort is still required and I find them a pain for that very reason, there small. You will save on material price however and buffing time. And depends if its just the outside or under the bonnet boot door shuts etc etc. And the state of repairs as well. Have you ever tried blocking a brick LOL, again being small there awkward.
If someone offers you a cheapo job ask around before going ahead, you may regret it later on.

twit7, Jun 24, 9:11am
i just had my valiant painted by a mate in hastings does a good job . i will ask if hes keen and let you know

dazza135, Jun 24, 9:15am
That would be awesome and maybe just what I need! What would he charge do you know!

twit7, Jun 24, 10:05am
best to let him see what hes in for and go from there , all depends how much prep it needs and what sort of paint you want to use .

dazza135, Jun 24, 10:29am
Does he have a shop or does he just work from home! Perhaps he could email me through my car listing!

twit7, Jun 25, 7:17am
works for a shop and does mates cars after hours . tried ringing you today ,left a number on your ph ,hes keen to have a look .

attitudedesignz, Jun 25, 7:38am
Go and see Jason at Bonneville Autospray on henderson rd (by Cable Price).

Hell of a nice guy, well priced and very good work. He will try to say he doesn't like older stuff but have a look down the back of the shop and you'll see he's telling porkies LOL.

His uncle owns Bel Air motors on omahu rd and jason paints all his uncles stuff.