Suzuki 750 GSX Katana popup. 83-87

toxicgreen., Jun 22, 12:06am
I need four intake rubbers,My bike is same as the katana popup headlight,but is the ESD version. Can anyone supply rubbers, I only check trade me every 3,4 days but will look for replys. thanks

countrypete, Jun 22, 1:21am
These are available new from Suzuki dealers.They would need to be brought in by air or sea freight, and they are around $70 each.I bought something similar for a GT750 I had, it's surprising what you can still get for old bikes.

toxicgreen., Jun 22, 2:02am
Thanks for yr reply, i,ll consider new but that is pricy.Prefer good second hand. My bike on a mean budget, I pearl blacked the paint all done she a sweet bike at $880 apart from split rubbers cause by last owner putting on K,N filters then NOT surpporting rear of carbis.Thanks. i will still look tho.If any one has some we can do a sale on TM like buy now.

countrypete, Jun 22, 2:55am
You might find that they are similar to other models.Measure the diameter at both ends, and the length and post those details here.You might be in luck.

sas777, Jun 22, 3:12am
Hi, another less $$$ way is glueing, if the rubber has pulled off the metal oval piece and rubber is still OK.
Scrape pieces clean then give a good rub up with isopropyl alcohol or brake cleaner. Next buy some clear sealant from Mitre10, the one called '202' is by far the best. Glue them together and leave in your vice for 48 hours.
I did mine on an XT600 and it was fine for ages afterwards

kazbanz, Jun 22, 3:34am
TG-put simply any gsx of that age will have and does have the same issue.The K and N may be the cause but I suspect more likely its just slightly sped up the process.
If you are going back to the factory airbox the issue is that the old rubbers have now become hard as all heck so sliding the carbs in becomes a mission.
One temporary solution I have used is to put it all together then use bicycle tyre glue in the cracks. Ive also used a rubber compatable silicone sealant and rubbed it into the cracks.Wear mechanics gloves/surgical gloves when you do though

toxicgreen., Jun 22, 4:10am
Mine are beyond repair, no.1,4 were worse,torn 3/4 of the way round. 1,3 are less damaged.I had nothing to lose so cut off 8mm where clamp sits(shortining) them dremelled a shape inside but rubbers are so shallo wen i tighten clamps now it just spits the carbis off.Some one got to have some.

muzz67, Jun 22, 8:52pm
have used electricians shrinkwrap as a temorary fix before,, lasted a couple of years. Depends on the size of the bolting flanges tho.

kazbanz, Jun 22, 10:03pm
TG--sorry dude sounds like you need to buy a set of NEW.Try action wreckers in auckland though--no harm in trying.

trogedon, Jun 22, 10:16pm
ebay!