Will those cheap impact wrenches remove crank

jason18, Jul 18, 10:56am
Bolt on my 351! 230 lb ft I think they rate too. Need to replace timing cover gasket when I do sump swap

gmphil, Jul 18, 11:00am
Shit slow down re ur stuff again lol first its ft lb and 230 mayb 23
or mayb 230 now read proply lol think cheapimpact only 90 ftlb at best

kokako14, Jul 18, 11:11am
Try it and let us know. save us buying it to check it for you

gmphil, Jul 18, 11:13am
Use ur strong arm bar in stick peice steam pipe or so over top longer the easyier in bob ur uncle

cowlover, Jul 18, 12:26pm
My cheep Impact wrench wont.Struggles with wheel nuts.Only got it as it was part of a cheep kit which gave me an air chisel which was what I needed.

jason18, Jul 18, 7:42pm
Oh k sweet as. Since I will never probably use it again i thought might be able to wing it.Will try borrow a good one.

the-lada-dude, Jul 18, 7:58pm
check around, but 230 lbs/ft of torque on a 351 bolt !B/Seven honda C/S bolts aren't that high from memory .if it is ( god forbid )then this is when 3/4" socket sets come into theirown.mostly i use a 1/2" socket on the bolt head and set up a ' T ' bar and pipe jammed against the chassisand flick the starter, this acts as its own impact system ( make sure you disarm the ignition system and set your " T ' bar etc in relation to the motor rotation, so that the chassis is going to stop the bar rotating with the bolt )

elect70, Jul 19, 2:07am
Or as i have donestrong arm bar & pipejack car up one sideput it on the nut & slowly lower the car ,

jason18, Jul 19, 2:43am
Done with the cranking car over. Cheers Lada Dude.Now how does harmonic balancer come off! And does it have to go back on in the same position!

hijacka, Jul 19, 3:02am
I break my 1/2 breaker bar on subaru C/S bolts,from memory they are about 170lbs. I use 1/2 ratchet with lifetime warranty and the leg from the engine crane or stand, When the gearing stuffs out simply return it for a new one;)

the-lada-dude, Jul 19, 3:52am
well the pulley will have a way in it and the crank snout will have a woodruff
key to keep the pulley in mesh with the crank. now if ya really lucky, a pair of large screw drivers, at 180 deg apart and gently levering the backside of the pulley, you may need to get a rocking motion going, or one lever bar on backside of pulley and gently tapping the adjacent back face of said pulley or what every good mech should do is use a pulleror make a simple puller ya selffrom memory some of these american engines may have an interference fit as well as the key and way. in which case ya need a puller. if it won't move easilyget / borrow a puller

jason18, Jul 19, 3:57am
Thanks man. Will duck down to the brothers work and borrow there puller tonight. ! All this for an oil bloody leak

sgrants, Jul 19, 8:10am
Ha Ha same here! Yeah I use ladadude,s method it works a treat!

intrade, Jul 19, 6:47pm
answer to post 1N O they dont
i got me a impact wrench that should do over 1000nm cheap crap can do 180nm

movnon, Jul 19, 9:46pm
not all of them come off that easy!i smashed a3/4drive socket using a long pipe on a Honda accord c/s pulley nut/bolt once, loosened it though - went with a huge bang!