Trailer studs on car?

lisa.leann, Aug 8, 5:59am
just wondering if i can use trailer studs on a car as i priced up 5 new studs for my car n was 99 bucks n can get the trailer ones for 25

jason18, Aug 8, 6:05am
I would just buy the new studs other wise you will have mismatching stud. Or they wont be the right size etc

lisa.leann, Aug 8, 6:12am
both r m12x1.25 cheers

supernova2, Aug 9, 8:18am
But are the splines correct for the hub!What weight rating has a trailer stud got as compared to your proper car ones!

IMHO don't do it.

40wav, Aug 9, 8:23am
There must be a reason for the difference. If I skimped on price (to save very little really) I'd drive around in a constant state of fear just waiting for them to snap off. Buy yourself some peace of mind.

hatchback, Aug 9, 9:18am
Just go up to pick a part and get some second hand ones

thunderbolt, Aug 9, 9:22am
Secondhand wheels studs!

Good Grief, get the oil filter and the wiper rubbers while you are there.

supernova2, Aug 9, 10:25am
You mean you don't do that!No wonder we have global warming and all!

unclejake, Aug 9, 11:28am
I figure a used, OEM, wheelstud will have just as good (if not better), metallurgy than a brand new generic replacement from Repco.

How often do you change your wheelstuds for new ones Thunderbolt!

unclejake, Aug 9, 11:28am
I figure a used, OEM, wheelstud will have just as good (if not better), metallurgy than a brand new generic replacement from Repco.

How often do you change your wheelstuds for new ones Thunderbolt! :-)

lordv81, Aug 9, 11:39am
Yep just get some second hand ones,after all the ones on the car are old anyway.Unless you are goiung to replace all four corners you may as well go and get second ones and get a few extra for spares.