Anyone own a JAC truck ?

cowlover, Jul 27, 1:14am
Looks like if they do they don't want to admit it.lol.

modie61, Jul 27, 2:08am
I think they are fairly new to our market,some truck franchises here are making big noises about them. Made in China i think !

ezekiel67, Jul 27, 2:34am
There has only been 20 registered since their launch in March last year.

Proudly made in China.

philltauranga, Jul 27, 6:44am
I spoke to a guy in Auckland who has one on septic tank work. Total POS so far it has done 15,000km and heres the list
1-Engine has seperated from gearbox
2-Tow hook on front was ripped out of chassis when being towed under VERY LITTLE load (according to him)
3-Front and rear suspenssion problems (he didnt explain what)
4-Very rough riding for a light truck
5-Zero storage in cab
6-Electrical problems
Just a general POS he said.

treachug, Jul 27, 7:15am
I saw one down here in Chch for sale a couple of months back - was curious so googled the name etc - interesting info, JAC is a massive company in China, been around a long time.

dansue, Jul 27, 9:17am
Seen a new one down here getting a deck put on it and with the cab tilted you could see the rust holes in the roof ! Also remember the chassis being half painted.

chris_051, Jul 27, 9:32am
From what it looks like it is an Isuzu cab and chassis (bulletproof) with a cummins and ZF manual, which on paper look like a decent combo, correct me if im wrong, and it probably has Chinese build quality,

shaun, Aug 20, 1:28am
Want to know what they are like for real instead of hearsay then come see me at Intertruck in Parkhouse rd CHCH