Who wants a free car.

Page 1 / 2
friendly_prawn, Jul 21, 5:26am
I have three bikes and two diesel truck/vans.
Thats all up 5x600 a year in rego.
So I put my regos on hold last year. So first year I saved $3000.
Use an old car to if I have to park in town so tickets arent an issue.
Now Im thinking if I dont pay any rego for 10 years.
wow, thats a 30k saving.
I could buy a brand new car with that.
What do you think guys. Clever.
So Im thinking if I go out and buy a couple more bikes and deregister them I can save another 1200 dollars a year. Wow, thats like $4200 a year in savings. Im on a roll here.I can see my buying a brand new hilux all for free in 10 year time. What you guys think!

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 5:29am
. I was with you up to the point you said you were going to waste your savings on a Hilux.

sas777, Jul 21, 5:30am
I think it's an upside-down Ponzi scheme.

h.e, Jul 21, 5:31am
your forgetting savings your making on wof insurance and general maintenence.that free hilux may be yours sooner than you think

v8_mopar, Jul 21, 5:37am
And if you use that new petrol station 'siphon' you will save thousands more every year!

They are a great gas station cos there's at lest one on every street ;)

m16d, Jul 21, 6:07am
You should be an economist. we need people like you to get this country back on it's feet again.

splinter67, Jul 21, 6:16am
A friend of mine didnt register or warrant his car for 8 years he got pulled up at xmas got a $300 fine and a pink sticker big saving

fast_or_last, Jul 21, 6:34am
lol car running costs are expensive

socram, Jul 21, 6:42am
I thought you were on the naughty step - again!

friendly_prawn, Jul 21, 6:55am
huh who me!
Nope. Trademe would never do that to me. They love me way to much.
Im their favourite bull crap artist. Ahh i mean talker on their forums.

friendly_prawn, Jul 21, 6:57am
Sorry for the late replys guys, I just been out getting another diesel hilux, whoops. sorry Jazz, I meant Volkswagen touareg to make some more rego savings.

hijacka, Jul 21, 7:02am
Get your 1 Maori mate to get you a Maori Rego!

thejazzpianoma, Jul 21, 7:23am
Now that's more like it!
Good to see my rants are having some affect. I am feeling encouraged to ramp them up a peg or two now.

friendly_prawn, Jul 21, 7:26am
drive aways are easier.Good supply of cheap number plates to swap around can be found on trademe.

singing1, Jul 21, 11:46am
Hey if you take the bus you will save more but if you run behind the bus you will save the price of the bus ticket.lets see.$6.00 per day so sell the cars and bikes and run home behind a taxi and you will save heaps more dollars then running behind the bus. CHOICE.

pollymay, Jul 21, 11:56am
I tried to take the bus the other day, costs more than filling up my car and driving myself after you transfer a few times. Waste of time

str81, Jul 21, 12:22pm
Why does one person need 3 bikes and 2 trucks! Is it a business!

scuba, Jul 21, 12:32pm
no he's just trying to save money

singing1, Jul 21, 12:47pm
1 Trail bike, 1 MotoX Bike. 1 Road Bike and 1 for the Mrs.shit that's four and the kids bike aren't even counted. Oh the four wheeler and the pit bike. A truck for off road. 1 Truck for on road. 1 truck for the Mrs to drop the kids off at school and a 1 classic truck just because.now cars.
You need every one of these vehicles friendly_prawn. Get more could save heaps more dough. Then like I said run home behind the taxi and jeez you will be worth a fortune in no time at all.

corky, Jul 21, 5:13pm
Only flaw I can see in the plan is if the cost of rego and gas should go down, your savings are going to take a hit.

xacoon, Jul 21, 8:58pm
still pushing the anoraks huh! shame they look so much like a great wall, pretty foul. do they actually do a single cab! anything but a wellside!

bellky, Jul 21, 9:08pm
Please explain to me friendly_prawn how not paying fines (on your old car parked in town so tickets aren't an issue) is clever.

friendly_prawn, Jul 21, 9:35pm
Doh, the car in towns a petrol and registered car.
cheap to register unlike a diesel so not much of a saving there.
Just off to pick up another diesel this morning so I can make some more savings.

skull, Jul 22, 4:33am
What you should be doing is buying VWs with DSG transmissions and not getting the gearboxes fixed or serviced, your savings will be astronomical.

friendly_prawn, Jul 22, 4:54am
Woohooo, Now thats what i like to see. Some one with some real common sense.