Nissan primera 1991. Where is the petrol filter is it that round thing made of of metal on the fire wall or do they have one und

fordoverholden, Aug 28, 11:26pm
Where is the petrol filter! Is it that round thing made of of metal on the fire wall! Or do they have one under the car some where!

bjmh, Aug 28, 11:35pm
if its an injected engine make sure you replace it with a steel filter .not a el cheapo plastic one

shaun16, Aug 29, 12:02am
why use a steel one! i've got a plastic one fitted and its working fine

fordoverholden, Aug 29, 12:24am
Thats what i was thinking

fordoverholden, Aug 29, 12:24am
Um O.K that was weird

johnf_456, Aug 29, 12:25am
if you mean me no its not my rules its the rules you agree to everytime we all post. And no i dont care.

philltauranga, Aug 29, 12:58am
Fine until the platic splits under the very high pressure of the fuel injection pump and sprays fuel all over your hot engine and then your car explodes into a fire ball like in an American movie car! Use steel, plastic are for low pressure carby fuel pumps and gravity feed.

mugenb20b, Aug 29, 1:04am
Plastic filters = carburetted engines = 3 psi fuel pressure
Steel filters = EFi engines = 35 (+/-)psi fuel pressure
Think about it.

carmedic, Aug 29, 1:06am
Sadly these days it necessarily or you get a warning from TM after some sad screen licker complains.

shaun16, Aug 29, 1:15am
ok i get the point, but that one in the auction above looks like its made of plastic. and when i bought the filter they asked what it was for and never said i shouldnt use a plastic one

philltauranga, Aug 29, 1:22am
Its steel

philltauranga, Aug 29, 1:26am
Yea they do they are desighned for it, but not those cheap aftermarketfilters made of crap plastic, Japanese trucks use plastic hose for their brake lines which is way higher pressure (100 plus) than 35psi but its desighned for the job, you wouldnt use a plastic garden hose would you.

mugenb20b, Aug 29, 1:31am
Yes, I know that. A lot of late Jap cars have them too, but the plastic filter is not made of the same plastic that these fuel lines are made of. A plastic filter may handle high pressure but the filter MEDIA (element) may not and send the paper shrapnel down the injector rail.

johnf_456, Aug 29, 1:33am
Carmedic my name gets shortned often so who do u mean.

carmedic, Aug 29, 1:59am
Right just to be clear, I??

philltauranga, Aug 29, 2:08am
Ok just so me and bjmh are clear we ARE talking about the cheap plastic ones that are NOT desighned for efi. and providing that information to some one who dosent know better (a moron as you say) IS useful advice.

johnf_456, Aug 29, 2:54am
Arent we funny

fordoverholden, Aug 29, 5:54am
O.K O.K guys. I brought the same one at repco for $21. And yes i think we all know now that she cant handle the pressure of a plastic one. Learn some think new every day. Lol after all that it looks like the air flow meter is packing up. Thanks to all comments

fordoverholden, Aug 29, 5:56am
lol. Fight you buggers i hate peace

fordoverholden, Oct 5, 10:50pm
LOL A BIG???????????