Gave the car an oil and filter change and now .

appleman71, Nov 14, 7:55am
It running really rough and jerky!

a.woodrow, Nov 14, 7:56am
What else did you touch whilst you gave it the oil change! also out of interest, make model and year, and how much oil did you put in!

stevo2, Nov 14, 7:57am
Check you havent bumped a plug lead or another wire off.

appleman71, Nov 14, 7:59am
Its a 2004 Nissan Pulsar and was done by the guy who does all our vehicles.He also did wheel allignment but should not have touched anything else.Would assume that he put the right amount of oil into it.

r.g.nixon, Nov 14, 8:00am
The oil goes into the top of the engine, not the carburretor.

appleman71, Nov 14, 8:01am
Really!

a.woodrow, Nov 14, 8:02am
Well if it was at a garage or similiar, he may have removed leads to check plugs. might be worth checking the leads are correctly fitted if you know how, otherwise take it back in to be checked

carmedic, Nov 14, 8:12am
Four coil packs on top of plugs, no HT leads or carburetor it 2004 its also probably 1.5 liter not 1.4. Take it back, 'since you.'

a.woodrow, Nov 14, 8:26am
Lol yep I'm wrong about the leads - never mentioned carbie though that was another poster. Are the coil packs bolted down over plugs! or just an interference fit!

appleman71, Nov 14, 8:41am
bolted down

a.woodrow, Nov 14, 8:49am
Hmm recommend you take it back in, hopefully just something left loose

carmedic, Nov 15, 8:12am
Four coil packs on top of plugs, no HT leads or carburetor its a 2004. Take it back, 'since you.'

kiwis0, Nov 15, 7:28pm
Take it back to the mechanic, and tell him to do the job right

phillip.weston, Nov 15, 8:52pm
I gather you've actually checked the oil level since having the oil change done!

thunderbolt, Nov 15, 8:52pm
Why is there one in every thread!
Take it back to the mechanic and ask his opinion. It may be something totally unrelated and the attitude of the poster above won't do you any favours at all.

skin1235, Nov 15, 9:05pm
my ex rang a few weeks back re car running rough, it had been running rough for a while and it had just been in for a service and tuneup and they had done oils filters and plugs etc

I went down, found they had done all as per the account - but they had not reported that one of the seals around the plug holes was leaking, the plug cavity on one was half full of oil
I asked at the servo where it was done and they admit that yes the tube was full at the shop but the apprentice had only told them about it after the car had left

kazbanz, Nov 15, 10:38pm
Appleman--I'm guessing its already fixed but 2 things come to mind. Check the oil level is correct and check that all the plugs on the back of the coil packs are clicked home and also don't seem to be crossed over

appleman71, Nov 16, 8:03am
ah unbeknown to us some bright spark cleaned engine with water and more water!

kazbanz, Mar 8, 10:00am
It did sound like water down the plughole but I couldn't imagine how water would be used in an oilchange.
AHH-yea ok they spilled oil everywhere so washed up with degreaser and water-forgot to pull the plugs and blow out with air.