Alcohol Limits for Supervisors of Learner Drivers

Page 2 / 2
hotrodtodd1, Aug 8, 10:16am
From the day we got stopped on a wine tour (has Miss Limited Licence driving):

The officer required the supervising adult person to be sitting in the front passenger seat & he required that the supervising adult person be under the limit.

srylands, Aug 8, 10:58am
OK so point me to the relevant section of the Act.This seems like myth.

srylands, Aug 8, 11:35am
Yes I don't doubt you.But point me to the law.

smac, Oct 2, 1:13pm
I aleady did. You're stating that this is just 'opinion'. Well guess what, that's what law (when applied in the court) is. It is the judges (or presiding official) interpretation of the law, taking into account the circumstances, and precedents. Law is never specific to the exact circumstance because there are an infinite number of circumstances that could arise. So the law is usually general, it is then interpreted by those tasked to do so (not me, and not you).
You've stated there is no precedent for this.you REALLY think that is the case! You really think no case of a drunk learner supervisor has ever come before a NZ court!! You've looked through all historical case law for NZ and determined that!

Also, it's only your opinion that has determined that 'in charge' does not mean 'drive'. No offense, but I'll take my opinion over yours any day.

OK lets say you have done all the research. There IS no legal basis for a supervisor to be tested. Now what! What are you actually trying to determine here!