Update to drivers door zapping me and

doreenf, Jan 23, 4:48am
you clever person who mentioned it could be my ugly new white plastic shoes.i havent worn them since and not a zap in sight .all fixed so thanks to those who suggested i remove items of clothingetc . all clothes are present and correct .oh bliss no more nasty zaps .thanks all cheers

danni_2254, Jan 23, 4:50am
And thanks to you for the update. Most people come in to ask for advice, then leave never to be seen again.

roadkill3, Jan 23, 5:09am
did you have a anti static strap on your car!

gsimpson, Jan 23, 6:14am
If the static buildup is on your person eg your clothes then a strap will not help and may improve conduction to earth.

doreenf, Jan 23, 8:50am
hi again it was not a strap.silly i know but it was my silly new plastic shoes that caused all my problems .in fact i brought them off the net i must ask the seller why she sold them .maybe i can pass the pleasure on ha ha .anyone here want to try them . i can honestly say i have had no more problems since i threw them in a cupboard .thank you all

jmma, Jan 23, 9:03am
Sounds like you shoed away your problem, I know, sick joke (o:

sifty, Jan 23, 7:11pm
excellent, cheers for the update. Good selling point for those shoes, could probably sell them to someone who doesn't like their wife much.

mrfxit, Jan 23, 8:02pm
Don't forget to remove those nylon undies / panty hose & synthetic sheepskin car covers as well.
Brilliant for getting zapped on a hot day

mark.52, Jan 23, 8:20pm
And if it's undies that are causing the build up, you know where you're going to get zapped!

gusthe1, Jan 23, 9:47pm
Maybe it was the car trying to tell you something about those shoes.

freedomaira320, Jan 23, 10:42pm
You get zapped at the point where you touch the car with bare flesh (usually your hand of course). So if you're expecting to get zapped on some other part of your anatomy, you'd have to have a pretty strange method of opening your door.

doreenf, Jan 24, 12:27am
grief no end to you guys imaginations .zapping in other places isnt going to happen .one would need to be a contortonistor other odd things but might relist them with a tale to tell be a bit of fun .

mark.52, Jan 24, 2:30am
Just in case you thought I was serious.I wasn't.

lookoutas, Jan 24, 4:43am
It happens to me when I start wearing flip-flops over summer.
But holding on to something steel on the car as your feet make ground contact, will eliminate the problem.