2000 mazda fe in a van running bad

almosttherenow, Aug 30, 6:35am
Hey guys,Just had a look at a mates van thats taken up running funny! Now the idles fluctuating up n down about 3-400rpm on the rev counter, it even does it when ya hold the revs up. it runs on when turned off (Witch I gathered was ignition timing but it stayed when I moved the dizzy fully ether ither way!) now it has emission control thing all over the carb witch I disconnected each 1 individually to see if there was any changes but nothing noticable. The only response I got that made it run sweet and not run on was to restrict the air on the intake! any advise would be great. Tia

almosttherenow, Aug 30, 6:36am
At the moment im thinking a carby kit maybe be the best bet!

toyboy3, Aug 30, 6:40am
try blocking off the the pcv valveor look for a hose off or split

franc123, Aug 30, 6:52am
the intake manifolds on those things have got a heap of unsecured vacuum blanking plugs on them that lose tension or fall off completely, I'd be checking all of those first.The fact that it only runs properly with the intake partly blocked is the first clue that its running far too lean, ie got an intake leak.

almosttherenow, Aug 30, 6:54am
Sorry forgot to mention that id looked at the pcv and Ive been right thru the hoses and cant find any leaks.

almosttherenow, Aug 30, 7:00am
just noticed the title and it sounds kinda wrong the van is a mazda E2000 2000 is the year aswell as the cc.

almosttherenow, Aug 30, 7:42pm
bumping up before I head off to work. What about a air leak between the carby and manifold! something I have never seen but does it happen! Ill check back in tonight to see what other suggestionsmight be out there.

jen1, May 2, 9:43pm
your timing is too far advanced